Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Share | 

cars + tickets + stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

People Skills : 5734
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 pm

In the past five months ive gotten pulled over twice.
First time they ran my plate wrong, it came back suspended, i was pulled over my car was the towed and impounded, but after a $150 impound and towing fee my plate came back fine and i was found not guilty of all charges.

Second time, was in a mini cooper, yeah a mini. My cousin had me drive it from the car auction to his car dealership. My foot got stuck on the stupid paper floormats dealerships out in cars and because my boots were to big for the car my foot slipped off the clutch and it chirped first gear when the light turned green. I was pulled over for spinning tire on a highway under the street racing ordinance.....in a mini cooper
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 3560
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 pm

HAHA! Dude you got screwed. My only ticket (which my mommy doesn't know about) was when I was on a highway interchange and I was on the entrance ramp getting on to a highway going 60. Well the cop pulls me over and says I was going 70 (that's BS but I don't want to get my ass tasered). Anyway, he tells me the speed limit is 50 on that one mile stretch of the interchange but the speed limit is posted before the entrance ramp so people coming on don't know what it is until the next sign which is a good 2-3 miles down the road. Oh well, defensive driving wasn't so bad.

SenaiERI

P.S. Oh, and on a completely different note. My high school cop threatened to shoot me my freshman year. Needless to say I didn't egg his car for my senior prank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 pm

THe first one was a little hard to hide, comeing home in a cop car and haveing yours in an impound lot is tough to hide lol
Best part..... i was going to Mcdonalds to get my mom breakfast and i had my license for a week.
My cousin lives in magnolia,tx you have to go atleast that fast to merge in texas haha
School cops are always ass holes, its wierd, ours was just a parking nazi for the most part
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

People Skills : 3982
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:33 pm

there was this one time i was going down this road where the speed limit is 45 and there are lots of lights. I was going 65-70 cause i was really late for work. yeah i drive fast lol. anyways the light in front of me turns yellow, and the car in front of me that i was rapidly gaining on decides to brake. The car ahead of that one in the other lane goes through, so i go around the car in front of me a gun it through the light. It turns red just as i'm ENTERING the intersection. At this point I'm definitely going over 70. The first car in the right lane sitting at the light was a cop. I just about poo myself. It was the scariest thing ever... but he didn't come after me.

haha I should have at least 5 tickets for the way i drive...
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 3261
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 am

Dan Curhan wrote:
there was this one time i was going down this road where the speed limit is 45 and there are lots of lights. I was going 65-70 cause i was really late for work. yeah i drive fast lol. anyways the light in front of me turns yellow, and the car in front of me that i was rapidly gaining on decides to brake. The car ahead of that one in the other lane goes through, so i go around the car in front of me a gun it through the light. It turns red just as i'm ENTERING the intersection. At this point I'm definitely going over 70. The first car in the right lane sitting at the light was a cop. I just about poo myself. It was the scariest thing ever... but he didn't come after me.

I HAVE gotten five tickets for the way I drive... the worst of which was for going 102 in a 60...
Back to top Go down
http://www.TavaresLabs.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 am

MattTavares wrote:
Dan Curhan wrote:

Idk how i havent gotten any speeding tickets lol
What does everyone drive?

I HAVE gotten five tickets for the way I drive... the worst of which was for going 102 in a 60...

Idk how I havent gotten a speeding ticket haha
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 am

Cody Harris wrote:
MattTavares wrote:
Dan Curhan wrote:

Idk how i havent gotten any speeding tickets lol

Idk how I havent gotten a speeding ticket haha

I now drive a jeep wrangler with Big 'Ol Lights on the front.

and yes. it is snowing in that picture in Texas!
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:18 am

Are... are those halogen work lights?

A bunch of my friends are into the jeep thing, ive never seen er... umm fog lights like that hahaha
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 am

Cody Harris wrote:
Are... are those halogen work lights?

A bunch of my friends are into the jeep thing, ive never seen er... umm fog lights like that hahaha

Why yessir. That is exactly what they are Smile
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:00 am

wow innovative lol
I like the extension cords running up the fenders haha
I bet there bright as hell!
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:33 am

I drive an '01 civic but I'm looking at an 600cc shadow. Sucks that I got laid off though. Now I can't buy a shadow. But my being laid off freed up my time so I could build Tornado Mini. Maybe there is a master plan that I don't know about.

SenaiERI
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:16 am

Cody Harris wrote:

I bet there bright as hell!

Yessir
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am

I've got a silver '03 honda accord EX with a whopping 2.4L inline 4, 240 hp and 160 ft lbs of torque...
but i still love driving it. I just wish it was stick...
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 am

Dan, those are some pretty nice specs minus the transmission. I mean it's no muscle car and I doubt you turned it into a rice burner but its a nice civic.

My dream car is the GT-R. I'm sorry, but I'm in love with it. I like it so much, when I went to the Dallas auto show, I actually stared at the car and not the brainless model standing in front. cyclops
Although Britney was nice enough to let me have 3 poster so I shouldn't say that...or was it Shannon? I don't know, but it was one of them.

Realistically I'll probably stick with civics and accords. OHHHH the new accord coupe is sick! I was practically drooling at the auto show.

SenaiERI
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 am

im not a big fan of imports at all lol
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

People Skills : 4269

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm going to have to go with the GT-R as well - supercar performance, in a (dramatically more) affordable package.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:19 pm

id rather have a gt 500 KR for the money haha
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah i can squeal my tires. my... front... tires.... Razz

but i love the interior. it's like perfecttt. i added an aux input to my head unit (direct in) for my zune. :]
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:02 pm

I drive an 86 ford tempo that doesnt even break 100 hp, while ive grown up loveing cars.
I live in a house where my dad has a 1970 Dodge Challenger that my dad, brother and myself have rebuilt.
And my physicts/rocket scientist has a 2007 Mustang GT/California Special and he has an older lifted nissan truck, meanwhile he is still is school getting his ME degree (he has a degree in physics already) from Pitt.

And i drive an 86 tempo......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cars + tickets + stuff   

Back to top Go down

cars + tickets + stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1