Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....

Go down 
+5
Dan Curhan
Will Bales
Jeff L
Cody
rjw
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7823
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:22 pm

ooooo
see alex had a beater designed with a tooth on one side and a counter balance on the other side nead the shaft
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7776
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
ooooo
see alex had a beater designed with a tooth on one side and a counter balance on the other side nead the shaft

Ya that would be simpler....even weight distribution...this thing is kindof funky ....if and when you see the bot, you'll understand why they run the belt over the drum, etc...the bot is small ,volume wise...but the 1 blade prinicple is in effect, so.....we'll see
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
donsun

People Skills : 5545
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Here's an example of a counterbalanced disk:

Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 3217059460_743788b5b7

It was used in Foobar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5so9qeDjHbQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.enigmarobotics.com
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:59 am

Well the drum is balanced and spins 18k on 5 cell A123's.......
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6174
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:32 am

what kind of motor are you using for the weapon?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:58 am

Will Bales wrote:
what kind of motor are you using for the weapon?

At the moment, Align 600xl 1650 kv....spare motor from rattler 1

They have room to run anything ..axi 4120 or similar size.

We may run either a 5 or 6 cel Lipo pack with dual voltages....the align likes 6 cel, but the Mamba is maxed at 5....mya need a monster or similar esc
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Here 's a 1.65 kilo alu test block after a few hits

Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 Drum_d11

Also, the bot has no gyro effect at all...so far...
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:31 pm

solid 1/4"
Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 Sdc10212
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Wasn't very solid...lol

The block in my picture is solid 6061 with 1/2" deep gashes in it ....

It seems like no matter who shows what on this forum, you guys come back with "Our stuff is better"

That's ok, but just show up at bots iq nat's next year so we can see what happens...
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:46 pm

cause when you take win your local competition 3 consecutive years and 1st, 2nd and 3rd at national competitions in two years you can do that
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
cause when you take win your local competition 3 consecutive years and 1st, 2nd and 3rd at national competitions in two years you can do that

In case you didn't notice....these are 15 lbs bots, so wasn't nat's won by Bloomsberg in San Fran??

Whether you beat them or not locally is not the question.....if you compete in a classs that is strictly BotsIQ, then you need to win that national event to claim being national champions.

From what I saw last year, you guys were a very distant 2nd and 3rd to Hummdinger
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:02 pm

If you noticed my wording it was plural, national competionS
k thanks
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
If you noticed my wording it was plural, national competionS
k thanks

And Alex's flashing 2009 national champions banner???

How can Plum be national champions when you didn't even show up?

As far as I know, Bloomsburg is 1st and Fluffy second...this year
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:22 pm

wow.....
clarification: This years botsIQ national competition was held in vallejo california and the NRL national competition was held at the Mall of America.
The national competition at the MOA is not a new competion(humdinger also won it last year) but the NRL is. THe NRL is a new 15lb battlebots organization that has been formed just recently as the NTMA no longer sponsors botsIQ since Nola wont disclose the where abouts of over 50 thousand dollars belonging to the NTMA, with a pending lawsuit.
The NRL competition is affiliated with the MRL(RFL member) as in the Minnesota Robotics League in which humdinger, chucker, rugburn and many other high quality robots compete.
With the support we recieve from the NTMA, and the way the MOA competition is run, i highly doubt we will be competiting at Nolas competition again.
Expect several competions to maybe be switched to the NRL title rather then BotsIQ, such as ohio, arizona, pennsylvania and possibly even Plymouth North(Mike Bastoni was the jusge for the NRL national competition)
Not once has it ever been stated that we are BotsIQ national champions
As i had noticed last years nationals, you were very distant from Bloomsburgs bots which were not even in the top 5
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:45 pm

this is starting to sound like boxing with IFL, WBA, WBO, etc, etc.

Bloomsburg, Plum and us ALL competed at BOTS IQ in Miami lat year, where Hummdinger won.

Wasn't the 15 lbs. class created as a BOTSIQ class????

SO who died and declared a local event in your area 'the national event' ?

If it is then great. If BOTSIQ dies out then we'll see if we can attend another 'national event'

btw: our lowly bots took 8th and 12th at bots iq nat's last year.

This year we took 1st and 3rd in Miami, so are we the national champs in Miami?

If BOTSIQ does exist next year, please show up with your wonderful attitude and let's see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Wow im glad you read anything i previously posted
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:54 pm

and by the way last years BotsIQ competition that you took 8th and 12th at wasnt even BotsIQ, it was Bots Worldwide
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6378
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:19 am

this is the second time i'm "yelling" at you guys to ease up.
cmon. there's no need to one-up each other here. cody, i know you don't agree with their program because there's no evidence yet of the kids doing anything (other than rjw's word) but just let it be. it is what it is. and aren't you two competing in different classes anyways? and rjw - you should be above this. you're the team supervisor and adult leader of your team. you shouldn't be arguing with a college kid about something this insignificant. just let it go.

if i have to "separate" you two again... i don't really want to ban either of you but you both know i can. this is really unnecessary.

you're not supporting the ideals of this sport (cooperation, sportsmanship, etc) and are creating tension/animosity/drama - the lack of which is what really separates this sport from all the other sports out there.

try to be the better person and just let it go. having to get in the last word is unnecessary and immature.

...and i'm still in high school
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5952

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:26 am

You guys really need to shut the f.uck up...robotics is suppsoed to be a friendly competition on the outside of the arena...can we please try to keep it that way?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:53 am

Dan Curhan wrote:

Our birthdays our only 351 days apart Razz
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6378
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:56 am

nice! yeah... the northeast starts kids in school a year earlier than they do here in the south. So, being born in MA, I started with the new england kids. I came down here and was like one of the youngest in my grade... there are plenty of kids older than you who are still in high school down here lol.
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:02 am

I was exactly the same way even staying in the northeast lol I was one of the youngest in my grade and i still have a bunch of friends who are seniors still and are older then me
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:21 am

Dan Curhan wrote:
this is the second time i'm "yelling" at you guys to ease up.
cmon. there's no need to one-up each other here. cody, i know you don't agree with their program because there's no evidence yet of the kids doing anything (other than rjw's word) but just let it be. it is what it is. and aren't you two competing in different classes anyways? and rjw - you should be above this. you're the team supervisor and adult leader of your team. you shouldn't be arguing with a college kid about something this insignificant. just let it go.

if i have to "separate" you two again... i don't really want to ban either of you but you both know i can. this is really unnecessary.

you're not supporting the ideals of this sport (cooperation, sportsmanship, etc) and are creating tension/animosity/drama - the lack of which is what really separates this sport from all the other sports out there.

try to be the better person and just let it go. having to get in the last word is unnecessary and immature.

I thought it would be informative for some, to start this thread about our new bots, in that I believe that we are bringing some new ideas to the sport.

If this is not a forum where we can all share ideas, etc. then I can simply stop posting anything regarding what we are doing.

I know that some would be interested in hearing about new ideas and innovations. Unfortunately, others seem to have an agenda.

While I respect Cody's knowledge and experience and I tip my hat to his team's success, I don't think that anyone has seen and done it all, so there is still room for innovation, imagination and creativity in this sport. I just wish that he would NOT be so negative about anything and everything that we are doing.

I've PM'd him on the matter with no reply.

I'd enjoy posting pictures, but when you see these new bots, they'll speak for themselves....
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6174
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:16 am

I'm interested ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:37 am

Will Bales wrote:
I'm interested ... Crying or Very sad

We should hook up somtime...if fluffy is running, we could do some pushing and shoving...just for testing purposes.

I just checked BB rules and weapon tip speed is limited to 300 feet per second.....we're there !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....   Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC .... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming soon....Some new bots from MLEC ....
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next