Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.
 
HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Share | 
 

 Injuries!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Fine okay then.

So we were all out in the back of the Miami Beach Convention Center in a garage, with all of our (10?) robots, the head of school, her husband, and all them high ups in the school. Since BotsIQ basically had nothing left for us 15 lbers to do, we decided, "Hey, let's have an all Ransom rumble!!! That'll be fun!!!" So there we are. we're all standing on the side, about 20 feet from the robots maybe (Check that distance for me Will). And we turn em all on. About 10 seconds in, I see this grey, what appears to be a wheel shaped object, flying from Will's X-termination straight towards me. Suddenly it hits me in the cheek, deflects off me (barely misses the head of school's husband who was standing right next to me) and flicks Mr. Dubard's ear. I felt like I was punched. Mr. Dubard starts screaming to turn off the bots, I'm saying, "no its nothing, I got hit by a wheel, keep going!" And Panic ensued. And everybody starts staring, Will's mom rushes over, and says, "let's get you over to the table, c'mon." I put my hand on my cheek and it's bleeding. Apparently, I got hit by one of Will's tool steel tips that came flying off his drum spinning at a fast enough speed to look like a wheel. I ended up in the emergency room (I wasn't bleeding that bad though), they must've taken like an hour to stitch it up and everybody's telling me, you need to do whatever so that it won't leave much of a scar. I'm complaining, "But I want a scar!" So I ended up with my battle-scar from fighting X-Termination with my face. Its almost perfectly shaped like this: |_| on the side of my face. It's awesome. And then I was back to the competition the next day and we all got a big talk from Nola.
Back to top Go down
Alan Dreher
great contributor
great contributor


People Skills : 3396
Registration date : 2009-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Sarasota, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:33 pm

godughifu wrote:
Fine okay then.

So we were all out in the back of the Miami Beach Convention Center in a garage, with all of our (10?) robots, the head of school, her husband, and all them high ups in the school. Since BotsIQ basically had nothing left for us 15 lbers to do, we decided, "Hey, let's have an all Ransom rumble!!! That'll be fun!!!" So there we are. we're all standing on the side, about 20 feet from the robots maybe (Check that distance for me Will). And we turn em all on. About 10 seconds in, I see this grey, what appears to be a wheel shaped object, flying from Will's X-termination straight towards me. Suddenly it hits me in the cheek, deflects off me (barely misses the head of school's husband who was standing right next to me) and flicks Mr. Dubard's ear. I felt like I was punched. Mr. Dubard starts screaming to turn off the bots, I'm saying, "no its nothing, I got hit by a wheel, keep going!" And Panic ensued. And everybody starts staring, Will's mom rushes over, and says, "let's get you over to the table, c'mon." I put my hand on my cheek and it's bleeding. Apparently, I got hit by one of Will's tool steel tips that came flying off his drum spinning at a fast enough speed to look like a wheel. I ended up in the emergency room (I wasn't bleeding that bad though), they must've taken like an hour to stitch it up and everybody's telling me, you need to do whatever so that it won't leave much of a scar. I'm complaining, "But I want a scar!" So I ended up with my battle-scar from fighting X-Termination with my face. Its almost perfectly shaped like this: |_| on the side of my face. It's awesome. And then I was back to the competition the next day and we all got a big talk from Nola.
Best part about that story is you describe it as "Fighting X-Termination with my face"
Back to top Go down
http://alandreher.blogspot.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
avatar

People Skills : 3907
Registration date : 2009-03-15
Age : 25
Location : Miami, FL

PostSubject: The "incident"   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 pm

That's pretty accurate..
Ironically, the reason they came off was because they hit YOUR robot!
By the way, two came off. one punched dughi in the face, and the other hit Sean, CuddleBunny, in the pocket, except it had hit the floor first, leaving a dent in the floor, but instead of embedding itself in his leg, it hit his ipod case and left a dent in it!

We never found the other tooth.. It was going REALLY REALLY fast when it hit dughi, and it didn't stop..
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
avatar

People Skills : 4045
Registration date : 2009-03-14
Age : 26
Location : Sarasota, FL

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:49 pm

ouch. post a picture for us who don't know you?
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Will Bales wrote:
That's pretty accurate..
Ironically, the reason they came off was because they hit YOUR robot!
By the way, two came off. one punched dughi in the face, and the other hit Sean, CuddleBunny, in the pocket, except it had hit the floor first, leaving a dent in the floor, but instead of embedding itself in his leg, it hit his ipod case and left a dent in it!

We never found the other tooth.. It was going REALLY REALLY fast when it hit dughi, and it didn't stop..
It did not hit my robot; it hit Sean's.
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
avatar

People Skills : 3907
Registration date : 2009-03-15
Age : 25
Location : Miami, FL

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:55 pm

hahaha! you weren't kidding!
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 pm

We can try to take a picture, but it probably wont work very well.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Dughi is correct. It hit my robot. I was winning too (I think).
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

godughifu wrote:
We can try to take a picture, but it probably wont work very well.

Yea. And I don't have my case anymore as I got a new iPod.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:12 pm

If I remember correctly though, actually the tip didn't hit ur robot, it hit the ground. Your robot and his were just going at each other.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:50 am

godughifu wrote:
If I remember correctly though, actually the tip didn't hit ur robot, it hit the ground. Your robot and his were just going at each other.

One hit the ground (the one hitting you) and one hit my robot.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:23 pm

ummm.....this is the thread for injuries, not introductions kyle


Last edited by godughifu on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:23 pm

THIS IS INJURIES!! NOT INTRODUCTIONS!!
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Jinx. You ow me a soda.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Who me? I got there WAAY before you, I even had time to edit my post before yours was up.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
avatar

People Skills : 4045
Registration date : 2009-03-14
Age : 26
Location : Sarasota, FL

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:39 pm

haha i'd like to see him try to ow you a soda... rofl...
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Dan Curhan wrote:
haha i'd like to see him try to ow you a soda... rofl...

I'm confused? I think you meant you'd like to see him try to make me owe him a soda?
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 pm

NEVER MIND I GET IT NOW!!!! he didn't say owe he said ow. ok
i get it i get it
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 pm

I could hurt him with a soda, does that count?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
avatar

People Skills : 3907
Registration date : 2009-03-15
Age : 25
Location : Miami, FL

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 pm

now it DOES belong in injuries!! lmfao
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
avatar

People Skills : 3704
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Pinecrest, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 pm

No, no, Kyle's introduction doesn't belo....wait....nvm.....ya okay ya it does.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
avatar

People Skills : 5797
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:30 pm

I cant really think of any good stories of people getting hurt on our team besides a drill bit snapping and going threw alex finger.
There was the time i was sharpening a center punch on a bench grinder and as i was slowly turning it, they wheel decided to eat the punch. The punch went in between the surface plate and the wheel and miraculously jammed the wheel inside the housing. Without even thinking i shut it off and grabbed wrenches to take it apart as i was the only one in the shop. Just as i finish putting it back together Alex walked into the shop and looked at me confused. After explaining to him how the center punch almost became a projectile of decent caliber he just looked at me wide eyed and says your lucky you didnt get shot. As the next day went on our advisor went to use the grinder but the wheel had a bad wobble. Thinking it was just a worn out wheel he replaced it, only to find the armature bent. Mysteriously no one knows why or how it got bent
Then there was the day i was drilling a piece of lovely grade 5 titanium with a non carbide bit when it nearly caught on fire, but again just another almost Sad

post 100 BTW lol
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:44 pm

During Nationals last year, I burn my thumb so bad that i ddin;t have any finger prints on it anymore. I did this because i was trying to grind my friend's wheel down...and the glue melted and heated up the metal...so i was holding the metal and a black circle of heat appeared on my thumb.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
avatar

People Skills : 4045
Registration date : 2009-03-14
Age : 26
Location : Sarasota, FL

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 pm

well eddie and I have quite entertaining stories from our garage days...

he was grinding copperhead 2's frame up on a bench and I was watching, and the grinder slips out of his grasp. It swings out towards me, he grabs the cord causing it to arc sharply down toward the ground, missing my face by about three inches. and still spinning. haha it was quite terrifying.

Then, after I tell that story, he normally goes on to talk about how I threw scissors at him. He was on the far side of the garage from me, standing in front of a bookshelf full of old wheels, spraypaint, belts, metal, etc. and he asked me for the scissors. I tossed them underhand (and closed) so that they would land in the bookshelf near him on one of the shelves, so he wouldn't have to try and catch a flying pair of scissors. Yes, that IS what I was thinking lol. Welllll it didn't quite work out the way I envisioned it... the scissors embedded themselves tip-first into the EDGE of one of the shelves by his head. He insists that I tried to kill him with a pair of scissors... It WAS a pretty impressive shot though lol.
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
avatar

People Skills : 3629
Registration date : 2009-03-16
Age : 25
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Dan Curhan wrote:
well eddie and I have quite entertaining stories from our garage days...

he was grinding copperhead 2's frame up on a bench and I was watching, and the grinder slips out of his grasp. It swings out towards me, he grabs the cord causing it to arc sharply down toward the ground, missing my face by about three inches. and still spinning. haha it was quite terrifying.

Then, after I tell that story, he normally goes on to talk about how I threw scissors at him. He was on the far side of the garage from me, standing in front of a bookshelf full of old wheels, spraypaint, belts, metal, etc. and he asked me for the scissors. I tossed them underhand (and closed) so that they would land in the bookshelf near him on one of the shelves, so he wouldn't have to try and catch a flying pair of scissors. Yes, that IS what I was thinking lol. Welllll it didn't quite work out the way I envisioned it... the scissors embedded themselves tip-first into the EDGE of one of the shelves by his head. He insists that I tried to kill him with a pair of scissors... It WAS a pretty impressive shot though lol.

LMFAO!! HAHA!! the scissors story made my day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Injuries!   

Back to top Go down
 
Injuries!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» HeroesÂ’ serious injuries chart - beastmen
» Multiple (identical) serious injuries
» "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries
» The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig.
» George Clooney's neck/brain injury from 2005

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: General Discussion-
Jump to: