Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th

Go down 
+2
Cody
rjw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7780
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th Empty
PostSubject: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 am

Anyone from he Miami area planning on going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7827
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:16 pm

theres a tip speed limit at that event isnt there?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:15 pm

I read something about that, but it seemed like they have 2 areas where they run bots...1 has a tip speed limit and the other doesn't..

If I do decide to go and there's a tip speed limit, then I'll slap a powered wedge on the front and that should bring most spinners to a dead stop....lol or I just won't go......... Razz

If you find anything out, please post....
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5947
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:55 am

Too close to start of school and Miami Science Museum event.

Also, we are kinda holding off on the out-of-town events until we find out if BBIQ nationals are on the west coast again.

So, no Ransom at Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 am

Ransom should head to motorama again, franklin institue is offering a 15lb class so they might as well
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 am

Cody Harris wrote:
Ransom should head to motorama again, franklin institue is offering a 15lb class so they might as well

When is it?

I think that Paul wants to go to that one....
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Motorama is usually around febuary i believe, awesome event
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
Motorama is usually around febuary i believe, awesome event

Where is it held...any info?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Very close to Harrisburg PA, its held at the Motorama Farm Complex i believe, i guess you could say its the east coasts robogames.
Besides battlebots, they have just about everything that has an engine, motocross, quad racing,tractor pulls, car racing, rc cars, go karts basically you name it. Im sure you would really enjoy it.
http://www.motoramaevents.com/robotconflict/
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5947
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Heh, it's like you've been spying on us. . heh,. . um,. .you haven't have you? Laughing

Seriously, we are planning on either going to Rumble at the Rock or Motorama, but we really can't see going to both (too much time and/or money), with my leanings toward Motorama, mostly because it isn't so close to Midterm Exams and Winter Break. It would probably only be a fraction of the team because they would be expected to pay their own transportation and accommodations.

Are you expecting to be there?

What size robots?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Ha youd be suprised with whats online. Just kidding, sorta, i havent tried finding anything on you guys Razz
I would really like to go to motorama this year, with or without bots. If Alex goes this year i might tag along with him, what bots are there would be up to him too.
Back to top Go down
Jamo_G

Jamo_G

People Skills : 5449
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 am

i ran into this thread, and I would like to clarify a few things:

Dragon Con runs two arenas for two competitions on separate days. The two events are Robot Battles and Robot Battles: Microbattles (which I will call microbattles for the remainder of the post)

the difference? Microbattles is for the little guys. 1 and 3 pounders. This is fought in a closed arena, 2 pits, and one hazard. Arena specs at about 6' square IIRC and the staff is pretty chill. Basically, if the crowd likes it, it can go. Best 2 of 3 rounds. No RPM limit here.

Robot Battles is for 12 and 30 pounders. If anyone here is familiar with "Sportsman class", basically the same thing. Open arena, stage style (hence flying shrapnel in the crowd is bad). best 2 of 3, entire stage is like a pit so lrn 2 drive. They like to fill the floor with some random objects every year (rubber snakes, bouncy balls, stuffed animals). There is an rpm limit, and well it is pretty obvious why.

Dragon Con Robot Battles and Microbattles are on the same days basically. I will be going for Microbattles at least. Anyone interested in going? I swear it is a blast!
-jamo
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6382
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:18 pm

I was at Motorama last year, and it was very cool. There's so much going on, and now I'm even more interested in going because I've been educated on the RC car/truck type stuff from working at RMP. I'll be there again next year. It's 1 - 12lbs in two different arenas on two days. Actually, I think it was all three days. They're in the "small arena" at the huge motorama farm complex, which has bleachers up both sides of the arena, so there's good exposure.

It's definitely a good event to go to, just because there's so much else going on, ALL THE TIME.

I mean, a swimsuit modeling competition to crown "miss motorama" in the middle of a car show... you can't beat that! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5943
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:34 am

yes then the winner hands out all the awards and makes all us nerdy guys really nervous tongue
Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th 100_3164
Back to top Go down
Jamo_G

Jamo_G

People Skills : 5449
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 am

Actually goes up to 30lbers (combat and sportsman). But if you go, be prepared to enjoy the smell of exhaust. haha

-jamo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th   Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragoncon in Atlanta Sept 6th
Page 1 of 1