Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

arena floor smoothness?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colin

People Skills : 5423
Registration date : 2009-07-14

arena floor smoothness? Empty
PostSubject: arena floor smoothness?   arena floor smoothness? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:52 pm

so, everyone who's been to a competition knows the floors aren't all that smooth, and there will be a bump where the steel plates join, that can catch skirts or anything low riding. does anyone know about how high those bumps are?
Back to top Go down
Josh Raichel
great contributor
great contributor
Josh Raichel

People Skills : 5786
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: arena floor smoothness?   arena floor smoothness? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Depends on if the floor warped from the sandblasting and etc they did to it, in that case the actual floor was warped while where they connected had little to no gap.

While if it fell out of a truck on I-76 then the entire plate is bend, and that causes about .25 to stick up at times at the gaps...

And yes these both happened.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.raichel
colin

People Skills : 5423
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: arena floor smoothness?   arena floor smoothness? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:53 pm

a whole quarter inch? really? that's a huge difference...

I might have to just design for ~.1" and hope for the best. the floors don't look too bad in the videos, so I was hoping they've gotten better, but I remember them being pretty bad at times back in 05-07
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7805
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: arena floor smoothness?   arena floor smoothness? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 am

depends on the arena, botsiq arena isnt terrible but i would say you need more then an eighth an inch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arena floor smoothness?   arena floor smoothness? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arena floor smoothness?
Page 1 of 1