Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

BBIQ/sumobot fusion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

BBIQ/sumobot fusion? Empty
PostSubject: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 pm

while cleaning up the engineering lab earlier this week, we came across a couple of sumobot kits, we put them together and read the instruction manual and it seemed pretty cool the sensors on the bottom keep it in the arena while the sonar finds opponent and tells the motors to go to them. THEN WE HAD A THOUGHT!!!! why not put this setup on a battlebot???? I figure that an active weapon wouldnot be ideal but a strong wedge design could use it well and i wanna try it in battle but idk if botsiq would allow the white tape circle to be placed on the arena floor. I was wondering what othera think about this or if anyone had seen it done before.
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm

not very familiar with them but do you have to use the boundry sensor?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 am

i think so because if the sonar doesnt detect the other robots it just charges forward till it reaches the white boundary line, when it reached that line it changes direction and since both basically do the smae thing they will eventually be able to see each other and then attack eachother but.. with no sensor when the sumo loses sight of opponenet it would in thoery charge forward and never see the line and never stop its motors even when the it comes in contact with wall.
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 am

so all will would have to do is tear up the tape? It could be kinda funny seeing a wedge just plow around the arena almost aimlessly. Dont Roomba vaccuums "learn" the enviroment and there boundries after there in a house so long?
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6367
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am

I think Robogames has autonomous battlebot competitions... you could try and get it placed in an "innovative class" along with any others like it (if you made like three it could be a fun battle...)
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBIQ/sumobot fusion?   BBIQ/sumobot fusion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBIQ/sumobot fusion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: General Discussion-
Jump to: