Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Battlebots '10 postponed

Go down 
+7
Cody
Frisco
Dan Curhan
rjw
Jeff L
Will Bales
SenaiERI
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6023
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 am

So end of the week and no updates again, so a nother email got me this:

"Miami ia 90% a go, just waiting for Nola to confirm that we can get the convention building — She’s waiting on the Mayor. Should know early next week.

all the best
Greg"

So i think its safe to keep building, heck even if they dont have a nats this year i might just take the 120 to robogames or something
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5904
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I think it's safe to count on Nats in Mia. There is enough teams down here to sorta force it into being.

Even a worst-case scenario is an event, but without the 120's. The reason I KNOW that at least the 15's will go is that the '305' (Miami's area code) teams basically put together a 15 pound and task event back in Nov in a high school gym, using the Starbot 15lb arena. (In fact, if you check out the latest issue of 'Servo' magazine it's got a nice writeup by a local videographer/artist named Joey Daoud.)

But I really, really think the event will be a 'go,' 120's and all. Nola and Bill have been working hard to make it happen, and I think they just want to make sure they've got all green lights before they announce for sure.

Keep thinkin' positive!! (and workin' like heck to make it come true!)
Back to top Go down
donsun

People Skills : 5506
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:49 am

http://forums.delphiforums.com/therfl/messages?msg=6329.116
Back to top Go down
http://www.enigmarobotics.com
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5929
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

donsun wrote:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/therfl/messages?msg=6329.116

SWEET! Thanks for the update donsun. Now we can start planning for the trip.

...wait a sec. Midtown Miami Mall? We're gonna compete in a shopping mall? Like where you buy clothes and stuff?

Please tell me I'm mistaken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7737
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I spoke to Nola today....with the same question....she says that it's in a very nice mall inan empty circuit city location
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5686
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Josh, Code, Alex...

Nats with the same look as BotsIQPA....

I hope not...

No where enough room to move around and even see the bouts....

It would be nice if we could go but not gonna happen unless the students pay their way and mine!
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5929

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

rjw wrote:
I spoke to Nola today....with the same question....she says that it's in a very nice mall inan empty circuit city location

I'm sure it's a nice mall but that wasn't my concern. I was more worried about being next to shopping centers and stores with all of our power drills and other various noise makers that might interfere with shoppers and what not. Since we've always had either a convention center or an entire island to ourselves, we've never had to worry about our neighbors, but if we're going to be in an abandoned warehouse (like circuit city) then that shouldn't really be a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7784
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 am

i cant seeing anything past 15 maybe 30 lb bots in a mall
I really like the way IQ Pa is run and its publicity but veiwing suffers some times
I sorta see this as a year off for IQ nationals honestly, it just keeps getting sketchier
Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5686
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:15 am

I agree....

Senai... That is pretty much what I was mentioning..... We are really crammed in when we go to the mall.

Even at CAL we are crammed in.

No room in the pits and the viewing is bad.

Bleacher style seating is used but it is only temporary bleachers that are 8 rows up and there are only 3 of them.

They fill up pretty quick.

I know we are kind of the elite when it comes to this but you would think with all of this push for better education and more engineers that there would be more of a push for these kind of events and more push for participation.

I know there is really nothing that can match it for hands on engineering experience and learning.

I'll give VEX a shout but it is really plug and play... not a whole lot of machining going on..
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6547
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Our current competition plans boil down to "we'd like to go to two, but we'll only attend the earlier one if we're ready." So in other words, definitely Maker Faire, maybe another depending on our schedules.
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6135

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 pm

we are actually INSIDE of an old Circuit City that is being taken over for the competition. There should be plenty of room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlebots '10 postponed   Battlebots '10 postponed - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlebots '10 postponed
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: General Discussion-
Jump to: