Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Share | 

Introduce yourself!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
SHS-Shaun

People Skills : 1814
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Introduction   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

Hello there! I'm Shaun and I am the current captain of the Battlebots program at Saegertown High School. I've been snooping/browsing these forums for almost two years now, getting some ideas and some research on different things, mostly motors. Over the past three years we have had our ups and downs with different designs, with last year being our best so far. We compete locally in the Meadville Robobots competition which we took coolest bot and best sportsmanship last year, could have possibly done much better but we found a few design flaws and it was really too late to change, so we ran with it. Sometime soon I'll be uploading some of last years pictures and hopefully getting some CAD designs up that I've done. Anything else you all feel I should add let me know Razz
Back to top Go down
Luke

People Skills : 2494
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

SHS-Shaun wrote:
Hello there! I'm Shaun and I am the current captain of the Battlebots program at Saegertown High School. I've been snooping/browsing these forums for almost two years now, getting some ideas and some research on different things, mostly motors. Over the past three years we have had our ups and downs with different designs, with last year being our best so far. We compete locally in the Meadville Robobots competition which we took coolest bot and best sportsmanship last year, could have possibly done much better but we found a few design flaws and it was really too late to change, so we ran with it. Sometime soon I'll be uploading some of last years pictures and hopefully getting some CAD designs up that I've done. Anything else you all feel I should add let me know Razz

Know if you'll be at NRL nationals this year?
Back to top Go down
SHS-Shaun

People Skills : 1814
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

Luke wrote:
SHS-Shaun wrote:

Know if you'll be at NRL nationals this year?

All depends on how we do at our regional, but hopefully! Many weeks spent on engineering and designing and I just started assembling my bot. The juniors are deciding if they want to rebuild an older robot but they haven't any final word yet. Hope to see you there if we go!
Back to top Go down
Luke

People Skills : 2494
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

SHS-Shaun wrote:

All depends on how we do at our regional, but hopefully! Many weeks spent on engineering and designing and I just started assembling my bot. The juniors are deciding if they want to rebuild an older robot but they haven't any final word yet. Hope to see you there if we go!

Hope to see you there as well, (depending on if my team is able to go as well)
Back to top Go down
socalntma

People Skills : 1742
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: New to the Forums   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey everyone,

New to the forums and wondering if anyone knows whether or not the NRL allows LiPo batteries. I've read their rules and it seems as though they don't, but I've heard from several people that they do allow them now. Can anyone please help me end the confusion? We just started building a bot 6 weeks ago, and are trying to figure out where we can shed a little weight and the batteries would make a huge difference. Thanks in advance for your help!
Back to top Go down
http://trainingcenters.org
socalntma

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Alex Udanis wrote:
socalntma wrote:
Hey everyone,

New to the forums and wondering if anyone knows whether or not the NRL allows LiPo batteries. I've read their rules and it seems as though they don't, but I've heard from several people that they do allow them now. Can anyone please help me end the confusion? We just started building a bot 6 weeks ago, and are trying to figure out where we can shed a little weight and the batteries would make a huge difference. Thanks in advance for your help!

This is from Maureen Carruthers NRL Program Manger:
Quote :
I checked with the rest of the NRL team and can confirm wet cell LiPo batteries will not be allowed at this year's NRL national competition.

http://battlebots.forumotion.com/t904-new-nrl-manager-introducing-myself

Cool, Thank you Alex!
Back to top Go down
socalntma

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Anyone know if LifePO4's are allowed by NRL? It's my understanding they are, but want to make sure before I buy them.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
socalntma

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Awesome. Thank u!
Back to top Go down
basher bot

People Skills : 1728
Registration date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Hi   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:12 am

HI i am the owner of basher bot its a new bot i am making you guys can call me Ruddy as it is my nick name i need help here and there i have posted in technical help for some advice and other stuff i live in a small town in Missouri and have been a big fan of the battle bot world i have watched every battle bot in action on YouTube and study them closely id have to say to be honest my Favorite battle bot is RAZOR!!!! i just can get over him cutting threw stiff but no i am just getting in to this i really need help from all you guys if you pm me call me Ruddy please no negative comments or reply's please thanks alot guys!!!
Back to top Go down
toad16

People Skills : 1667
Registration date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Hello! My name is Aidan and I am the former builder of the Beetleweight SINDI (Spinning Invertible Normal Disk Insect) which competed at the 2013 Robogames, and the *prospective* builder of the Beetleweight Toad. SINDI was my first "Battlebot" (BB) and I learned a lot from building her. I'm gonna take all that I've learned from her and put it into Toad.

I'm a mechanical engineering student at Georgia Tech (just finished my first year there), but my hometown in Cabin John, MD. It's a tiny town, so you probably haven't heard of it. Razz

My favorite BB is Toro. The Brazilians are mad good at building epically effective (and destructive) robots and are the masters of the drum.

My favorite vendors are Hobby King, Online Metals, and McMaster-Carr (if it isn't on McMaster Carr, it probably doesn't exist). I also like sourcing obscure yet necessary parts and I'm happy to help with such tasks. Smile

Besides building robots, I like biking, action movies, British TV, and food (though I can't cook Sad ).

Anyway, that's my intro. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

People Skills : 5797
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Any plans on attending Motorama or Franklin Institute
Back to top Go down
MikeNCR
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 3503
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon May 06, 2013 10:58 pm

toad16 wrote:
I'm a mechanical engineering student at Georgia Tech (just finished my first year there), but my hometown in Cabin John, MD. It's a tiny town, so you probably haven't heard of it. Razz

Odds are pretty small, but if by some chance you haven't been by the invention studio yet, you should check it out. Quite a few combat bots coming out of there lately. I'm not in school anymore, but I swing down every once in a while to hang out and mess with the bots.

If you hadn't heard/seen, there's a robot competition during Dragon*Con Labor Day weekend. Sunday is 1 and 3lb in the full arena, Monday is 12 and 30lb on stage risers.
Back to top Go down
http://nearchaos.net
toad16

People Skills : 1667
Registration date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue May 07, 2013 5:37 pm

I go to the Invention Studio all the time to waterjet stuff. I've heard of the Dragon*Con competition, and a bunch of the Maker's Club guys fight at Maker Faire in April. I'm in Robojackets so I do most of my work at the 14th Street shop (we do Robogames every year. Pretty intense with the five hour flight and all, but I like the product showcase and the heavyweights).

This year we may be going to Motorama but probably not Franklin Institute. I also may compete at Dragon*Con or Maker Faire on my own ticket.
Back to top Go down
MikeNCR
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 3503
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

toad16 wrote:
I go to the Invention Studio all the time to waterjet stuff. I've heard of the Dragon*Con competition, and a bunch of the Maker's Club guys fight at Maker Faire in April. I'm in Robojackets so I do most of my work at the 14th Street shop (we do Robogames every year. Pretty intense with the five hour flight and all, but I like the product showcase and the heavyweights).

This year we may be going to Motorama but probably not Franklin Institute. I also may compete at Dragon*Con or Maker Faire on my own ticket.

Dragon*Con is very much worth going to. The event's pretty low key and a ton of fun. I helped build the new 1-3lb arena and it's pretty nice. Not sure what the Maker Faire plan is for this year since Jamison and myself did a bunch of the organizing, but I imagine something will happen.

Motorama is a blast and is worth the effort to get to. I've driven up from Atlanta the last two years, it's a long haul but well worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://nearchaos.net
NScarton

People Skills : 1659
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 10, 2013 10:44 am

Hello, I'm Nancy, the advisor for Bots at the Somerset County Technology Center.
Back to top Go down
gds95

People Skills : 1639
Registration date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello, I'm Garrett from clairton, I have followed this forum for quite some time but never made a user and finally decided to now. I've been evolved with robotics for roughly 3 years and my latest creation was Mega Nuke.
Back to top Go down
Ben Wright

People Skills : 1549
Registration date : 2013-08-27

PostSubject: introduce yourself   Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 am

Hello, everyone, it's Ben Wright. It's so glad to meet all of you on this forum. I'm an editor of agm-engine.com, an rc airplane engine supplier. I like to make friends with all of you...flower 
Back to top Go down
http://www.agm-engine.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16