Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Share | 

Introduce yourself!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 3324
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Fri May 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey if we are doing $100 dollars per referral then I should get like $500 for all the RHS guys that I told about it. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.TavaresLabs.com
Dan Curhan
Admin

People Skills : 4045
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat May 23, 2009 11:02 am

i know this thread kinda died (cause we haven't had many new people joining) but if we could get DONSUN and JOE FORD to please introduce yourselves... From what I've gathered, joe ford is associated with Castle (it's an honor for you to be a part of our humble little forum Very Happy ) and donsun is a high schooler somewhere going to georgia tech in the fall, but other than that, I don't know ANYTHING ABOUT YOU GUYS!
so if you could give us some background so we get to know you better, it would be appreciated.

donsun, you post sparingly, but every one of your posts has merit. and i'm sure joe ford knows a lot more than some of us about ESCs. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
donsun

People Skills : 3197
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat May 23, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks dan ;P
I suppose i'll introduce myself. I'm Donald Sung from the Bergen Academies Titanium Knights team as well as Enigma Robotics which is comprised of myself and three other friends. Started building in freshman year and ended up with my first antweight: Pinq. After that, in soph year, I attended BotsIQ with Knighteen which was my first experiment with a larger weight class. The following year, I built my 12lb Torrent and attended BotsIQ with Overlord. So yea, that's a brief history of my involvement in robot combat I suppose. Robots I've built so far up to date are: Pinq, Prpl, Prplv2, Torrent. I have a new antweight in the works for an in-school ant competition as well as PA Bot Blast and DragonCon. I'll be spending my next four years at GATech which should be awesome! (as long as I get some shop access...) =]. You can check out some of my team's current and past robots at www.enigmarobotics.com

-Donald
Back to top Go down
http://www.enigmarobotics.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

People Skills : 5797
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat May 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Welcome Mr. Sung,
Its nice to finally get some BCA kids here. Im very suprised Jordan or Hideyuki havent joined yet, but then again im not to sure if anyone has told them about it lol
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 3615
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 am

I'm Bob DuBard, 'coach' of the Ransom Everglades Robotics & Engineering Team. (Apparently my name has been tossed around here some already). I wasted spent about three really productive hours last night lurking around this joint, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the discussions and the camaraderie displayed by everyone in this forum.
I've been putatively in charge of Robotics at Ransom since uh, 2000 or so, but began doing BattlebotsIQ five or six years ago after attending one of the Teacher Trainings at Univ. of Miami (Thanks, Nola and Bill,. . .I think). Jeff L was part of that beginning in which we invented X-Contamination. I look back now and wonder how we made a decent 'bot using the homeowner tools we either bought locally or I even lent to the team.
I confess to an addiction here--I love the creative process of design, enjoy building, but am truly enthralled by the game itself. Watching stuff get burst into bits is simply cool. The unpredictability of each and every match, in which a seemingly crappy battlebot can defeat what appears to be an engineering marvel, is my idea of interesting. And most of all, I get a huge charge out of the panic/focus/energy that patching up a 'bot brings out in everyone once it returns to the pits. In my opinion I am not that great of a leader, and the time I spend with the team puts a burden on my family, but there is no way I'm ever gonna stop if I can still do this.
The team has really matured these past two years, due to the interest, effort and excitement the students have brought, but in a very fundamental way it is due to the contributions, both of ideas and equipment, of Mr. Tom Bales and the Symbiosis Foundation. This year, for the first time, the team used CAD to plan their robots, and a CNC milling machine to fabricate many key components. For an organization that is NON curricular (i.e. this is an after school activity, not a class) I think this shows remarkable dedication by sponsors, parents, and students. I am lucky to be part of such a great team.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Mr. Dubard, your name certainly has been thrown around here quite a bit. All your kids seem to really look up to you.
The Pine View team started with similarly humble beginnings - glad to discover that we're not the only ones lol. I too am hopelessly addicted to this sport. I have no problem spending ridiculously long hours finishing parts and designs... it's fun!

Thank you so much for deciding to join the forum and participate in our discussions!
Back to top Go down
DanielleMarie
THE girlnerd

People Skills : 3091
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: new to the forum   Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:26 am

Hi botbuilders! My name is Danielle Cosio and I'm a senior this year at Carrollton. I've been in robotics since freshman year, built a taskbot that was really cool, but not the best strategy, as well as a 15 lb (Ringo Starr) that my team and I may attempt to fix again if we have time after reeingineering our third project, which I'm most proud of, Teenager. Teenager's a 120 lb BattleBot we built in our junior year and plan on re-vamping for this year.

Also I think I'm one of the few girls on here, so that's something different I guess...

And robot people are my favorite kind, so I'm up for a conversation whenever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer

People Skills : 5630
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:29 am

Welocme Danielle

It's about time that some of the Carrolton crowd joins the forum

We look forward to siing you at the Museum of science in September

Richard
Advisor to MLEC
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor

People Skills : 3907
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Danielle!!
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus

People Skills : 3704

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Hey Danielle!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:05 pm

gosh danielle! way to take forever. Razz
i congratulate whoever coerced you... Wink

-Captain of Copperheads 2 to pi, mastermind of the Dethinator, Creator of Conundrum, and Sultan of Shred. Heh. Sultan of Shred. It's kinda catchy... I like it!
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Dan Curhan wrote:
i congratulate whoever coerced you... Wink

thank you dan. Razz
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Senai, I got Danielle on the forum, where's my $100?
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor

People Skills : 3622
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:57 am

hello all, my name is Kyle Singer i hail from Elk Lake high school witch had a graduating class of 87 this year (me being one of them) hopefully by that statement you have realized that we don't have a botsIQ team, we hardly had a first team with a grand total of 7 members this year (all seniors might i add) but we did well, out of the 4 year i was there we won a GP award, two enginering awards, and the off season event monty. unfortunately after being with first a for over 12 years team 284 might not be a team next year. right now im between high school and collage so no machine shop of and kind Crying or Very sad
but its ok because i never had much of one to begin with, a mill from the fifties, several old lathes, a surface grinder, and your standard cut-off and band saws. i was the first person in my school to build any kind of robot really so everyone from my school always looked at me like i was some kind of a genius just because they didn't understand so i got really sick of talking down to them. any way i build insects with what resources i got
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:01 am

Wow scranton area! nice to have ya
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor

People Skills : 3622
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 am

about an hour from scranton, but ya
Back to top Go down
colin

People Skills : 3084
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:46 pm

hi, I'm Colin from Lincoln Sudbury. I redesigned pneumagic and designed roflcopter for 2006 and 2007. I had to take a few years off due to lack of time and access to machines, but I'll be coming back next year (regardless of still having a lack of time). I'll be entering my junior year at Caltech, and just started a robotics team there.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 pm

welcome to the forum, colin! Glad you started up another robotics team... now I have to fight you lol

-Captain of Copperheads 2 to pi, mastermind of the Dethinator, Creator of Conundrum, and Sultan of Shred. Heh. Sultan of Shred. It's kinda catchy... I like it!
Back to top Go down
DanielleMarie
THE girlnerd

People Skills : 3091
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:41 pm

yay new people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thrilkill

People Skills : 3055
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 pm

Cool, this forum is just what i needed to keep in the loop after i just moved. Anyone in San Antonio/Texas area?
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com?truetexan2401
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Senai, Matt and some others. I beleive there near dallas
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 3623

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:57 am

Ah dude, Thrillkill. Soooo close. Of the entire south of america, you got the right state but wrong city. I hear there are a couple competitions in Houston, but all the action happens in Dallas. 2 time national champs (RHS) in Dallas and two rival colleges UTD and UTA with some BA machine shops. Then again, I think florida has us beat big time. There are like 50 different teams there, Starbots, and now RMP has a store. I'm starting to get jealous.

If you're ever in the Dallas area look us up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
thrilkill

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:38 am

Ah thx dude, ill defintely try to get up there soon, how can I find out what's going up there?
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 3623

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Well there aren't any real competition up here (yet), but there will be soon. I'm working on funding and what not, but at the moment dates haven't been set.

Perhaps I misspoke. I meant to say the robotics teams are in Dallas, but there aren't any real competition. There have been some local competition in the area that were city-organized, but those are mostly retrofitted RC cars from walmart. All plastic wedges and no fun. I never thought I could be bored at a battlebots competition, but it happened.

Sorry if I got your hopes up, but we could still arrange a grudge match between you and Blender Mini or Tornado Mini. If you wanted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
thrilkill

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Nah bro that's fine, I didn't expect it, maybe we can meet up sometime and you can show me around, I go up there sometimes because I got some family and friends up there, used to live in Flower Mound. I just started a team down here and looking for something to happen but we don't even have a robot yet....yet....

Anyways thx for the info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next