Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Share | 

what would you like to see more of in the sport?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer

People Skills : 5628
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: what would you like to see more of in the sport?   Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I absolutely agree that the number of classes needs to be reduced. We are all spread way too thin....

2010 Franklin Cup winner
Vapor bots..Ho
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club

People Skills : 5795
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: what would you like to see more of in the sport?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am

nothing about the solidworks arena yet, the actual arena design is still being worked on itself.

I agree with the battlebots statement, yes it was an idea from keeping "professional" bots out but it could have and has been done anyway. I really think battlebots is going in the wrong direction now that they have a 15lb "pro" class
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

People Skills : 4330
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: what would you like to see more of in the sport?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Agreed on the Mini vs Hobbyweight deal. The reasoning behind having two weight classes that close together is horrible, and the sport could have easily expanded much further had it not been created.

I suspect we (builders) could solve the problem by making all 12-lb robots (which are legal in the Mini weight class), but that may result in a significant weight disadvantage if done wrong.

Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 3383
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: what would you like to see more of in the sport?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I have lobbied to put a 15lb class in NERC and we will be fighting in the MOTO this Spring.

We are under a big budget crunch up here at West Mifflin this year. Not only do we have to pay for all travel and hotels but we also have to pay for the substitute who covers my classes when I go for the battles.

If Franklin was within 6 hours driving time, We would be there no doubt but to leave that early in the morning and drive back afterwards is just too much. So we would have to stay overnight.

Now to put the travel and a hotel in the mix of club money that is somewhere around $400 to $500 to fight our old bots from last year. Just does not seem reasonable.

We looked at the budget and are trying to come up with some extra money this year so we can fight at Franklin but the extra cash going out for Ohio, IQ Qualifiers, Moto, IQ Finals and NRL Finals is way too much to cover.

The substitute pay at our district is $130 per day. And 5 events takes an extra $650 just to get sub coverage. The travel was figured at $530. And Hotels were figured at $660.

That is over an extra $1500 that is the difference this year just to go to the fights that we have planned to compete in.

We have already dropped one of our builds so we can soak up some of the money but there just any answer to the madness this year.

I just cant seem to find a solution. So maybe no Franklin but Definately MOTO.

There will be many more 15# at Moto but budgets are a big issue this year up here.

We have 4 from last year plus 3 new builds this year so we will be bringing 7 bots to compete. Again that is $300 just for the bots at every competition.

We need sponsored !!!!!!!!

Frisco
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what would you like to see more of in the sport?   

Back to top Go down

what would you like to see more of in the sport?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: General Discussion-
Jump to: