Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Regional Superteam

Go down 
+3
Sean Rubin
That Guy
Jeff L
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6001
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Regional Superteam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
you should do a 220 multi bot
But what are their rules on multi-bots?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6575
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
we had a 15 lb multi bot at our local comp. I only saw pictures of it cause they competed friday and we did saturday. I wouldve payed to fight them, could you imagine one of our bots punting a 7lb wedge haha

lol, yeah. Carrolton actually made a 15 lb multi bot back in '05, I forget their names. They were little 7 lb wedges and we got all excited b/c X-Contamination can throw a 10 lb weight with no difficulty and we had a match coming up with them. Unfortunately they had some problems with the robot(s) and forfeited the match before it even started.

Actually, if the current 120s made by Ransom & Pine View could just have armor variants that shaved off 10 lbs, they could go to RoboGames as a 220, no problem. The only concern then is do you want to risk having a perfectly good 120 totally destroyed by something along the lines of Megabyte or Nightmare...
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 pm

i think they follow rfl rules, which botsiq rules dont vary much too.
The rules say a multi bot is knocked out when 1/2 its weight is disabled
Who says you only have to build 2 bots?
Look at The Swarm on team nightmares website
I've never been able to find any videos of it, but ive heard from several people there fight against final destiny was epic, some rank it in the top ten fights of battle bots i guess
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, the "find some magic way to cut 10 lbs off of each robot" would be if we wanted to do that this year. I would personally just go for a smaller weight class with either a single robot or multiple robots acting as a multibot.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

I don't think we should do a multibot anyway. I think we should stick with a single robot so it doesn't just get destroyed because the smaller bots are just completely out-classed. I think we should do the full body drum idea.
Also, by rules I meant that for botsIQ, I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to use a maximum of 2 controllers, how many pieces can a multibot in this competition have, realistically?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I wanna put a drum on original shockwave and an axi 4120 and fix shockwave2 for a 30lb multibot. I told our adviser and he just stared at me blankly

Last edited by Cody Harris on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
he just stared at my blankly
HE STARED AT YOUR WHAT!?!?!?!
lolz that's pretty funny. you should try it, see how good it is (i mean as a multibot)
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 pm

godughifu wrote:
I don't think we should do a multibot anyway. I think we should stick with a single robot so it doesn't just get destroyed because the smaller bots are just completely out-classed. I think we should do the full body drum idea.
Also, by rules I meant that for botsIQ, I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to use a maximum of 2 controllers, how many pieces can a multibot in this competition have, realistically?

That's probably a good idea anyway as far as making existing 120's into a 220 multi. I would imagine a good multi bot is way more overbuilt than usual for a single robot of the same size, just so it can survive being in the arena with a single robot of full weight.

As far as how many controllers, RoboGames is probably a little more relaxed than BotsIQ... I point to the flamethrower robots as evidence. Besides, with digital controllers like the spektrum, you could have potentially thousands of robots running at once in transmission range with no interference (seeing as cell phones have no problem doing it, I can see no reason why it should cause a controller with a similar channel system any trouble).
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 pm

godughifu wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:
he just stared at my blankly
HE STARED AT YOUR WHAT!?!?!?!
lolz that's pretty funny. you should try it, see how good it is (i mean as a multibot)

Bahaha i edited that lol woops
There just sitting in boxes on shelves doing nothing, but i dont think he would do it, i think he wants to keep them for sentimental reasons or something lol
Shockwaves just junk and prob wont come apart because i lock tighted half of it together
I started fixing Shockwave2 but then graduated, so i think they stole the drum for aftershock
I just want someone to do a multi bot hahaha
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm

You know what would be really awesome? A multi-but that can combine into one bot. You have a full body drum and a lifter type robot, the lifter can lift other, heavier robots, and make them easy targets for the full body drum, or it can lift up the drum and some how, basically stick a rod into the sides of the full body drum and then you have a full weight robot that has a drum for a weapon with a separate controller for the main body and for the weapon. Also, if we added Spiderpig's secret weapon to the lifter bot, that would make the whole thing so much more awesome and effective too.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:40 pm

I probably actually should have put that in the idea dump thread, but I was on this thread and it was about multi-bots so it ended up here.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Quote that post into the Idea Dump then
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 pm

I now have done so.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am

Wouldnt spiderpigs secret weapon also effect the drum?
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
Wouldnt spiderpigs secret weapon also effect the drum?
Maybe
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:08 am

i know what it is hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:18 am

PM me what you think it is.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5941

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:44 pm

godughifu wrote:

i told him over PM because we arent competing against him...
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:22 am

And i havent said a thing lol, i mean except to you hahaha
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
godughifu wrote:

i told him over PM because we arent competing against him...

SEAN! I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T GONNA TELL HIM 'TILL THE WEEK BEFORE BOTSIQ!!!!!!
NOW I'VE WASTED TIME!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan Dreher
great contributor
great contributor

People Skills : 5721

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 am

We now know Spiderpig's secret....

Pretty impressive when you did a LITERAL Spiderpig with the 15 lb bot.
It really sucks hard. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://alandreher.blogspot.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 am

shhhhhhhh!!!! lol i think i was the only one who didnt see it Sad but atleast i know whatit is haha
Back to top Go down
Alan Dreher
great contributor
great contributor

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:40 am

Cody Harris wrote:
shhhhhhhh!!!! lol i think i was the only one who didnt see it Sad but atleast i know whatit is haha
Hopefully there will be a Youtube video of it driving on the ceiling.
Man did it suck. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:46 am

lol, and that was just the prototype that they added armor to! I can't wait to see videos of SpiderPig's actual performance in the area Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Alan Dreher
great contributor
great contributor

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 am

Jeff L wrote:
lol, and that was just the prototype that they added armor to! I can't wait to see videos of SpiderPig's actual performance in the area Very Happy.
Should be interesting. We will see how well the frame holds up though. Aluminum, no matter how thick, is always going to be relatively weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regional Superteam   Regional Superteam - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regional Superteam
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next