Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4goodbuys2

People Skills : 4881
Registration date : 2010-12-27

might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? Empty
PostSubject: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm

I bought a used DX7 for $170 and a ORANGERX but now I think I might just sell that (I should get my money back I live in an area with a lot of rc pilots)
And buy a hobbyking 6ch radio and rec. for $22.
I wonder if I could take the satellite off the rec.
I would have to use my computer to mix the channels for that remote but I feel that I could put the extra money to good use in my robot build.

What do you think I should do?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7736
Registration date : 2009-03-31

might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Ask on the RFL orum...probably not too many using the cheaper equipment here....
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
4goodbuys2

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm not sure why I even had the idea of downgrading .
I'm probly better off keeping my dx7.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 pm

It is always tempting to dump stuff when much cheaper alternatives show up on the market, but exercising caution is a wise move....I wouldn't dump a dx6i or better for one of those super cheapo setups

jmo
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7783
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Like RJW said ask on the RFL forum. I had looked into them when i was trying my budget build. I ended up spending the extra money for the ease of a dx5 since its was $45-$50 with shipping and out of stock at the time. From the reviews i've read I havent seen any bad reviews about them except that the computer program can be finicky
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 pm

I think that Pete of Surgical strike fame, along with possibly a few others might be using the cheaper units, but I guess that a lot of it has to do with what you are going to use it for.

I haven't really looked at all the features, but in my case, I need to be able to switch betwen multiple models, or i wold be dead in the water. But all I do is R & D on multiple bots, so your needs may be drastically different.

Best to do a lot of research before switching and regretting. If this is your first transmitter setup, you might want to keep what you have...it's kind of a proven product for robotics application.
Back to top Go down
4goodbuys2

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm

I decided to just stay with what I have instead of wasting time and money switching, and taking a chance of regretting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?   might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

might sell my dx7 and buy a $22 hobbyking 6ch What do you think I should do?
Page 1 of 1