Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

West Bend High School's Vega$

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BartzTech

People Skills : 4599
Registration date : 2011-09-01

West Bend High School's Vega$ Empty
PostSubject: West Bend High School's Vega$   West Bend High School's Vega$ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:25 pm

If you don't want to hear the story, but want to see the photos and videos, read the bold text.

I just discovered this forum and it was just what I was looking for! I am Austin Bartz and I am part of the West Bend Wisconsin High School's BotsIQ team. We started in 2009 with 5 students including me. Our school didn't give us anything accept the shop area to produce our bot. Our instructor, Mr. Gilbert, isn't a teacher, he owns Jackson Truck Body. So our first bot, Vega$, was created completely on donations from local companies. I apparently can't post links for the first 7 days so to get our website you have to Google BartzTech, then on the BartzTech site click on WBHS Robotics. The site is not completely finished yet, but there are pictures and videos of Vega$. We went in with no experience and we took 2nd place against well funded and experienced teams. We then went on to take 2 consecutive 1st places, therefor forcing us to retire our prized and first bot, Vega$!

Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
http://bartztech.com
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6022
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: West Bend High School's Vega$   West Bend High School's Vega$ I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 am

WBHS Robotics site

Welcome to the Forum, awesome to hear you guys have been so successful despite budget problems.

I think you can still use Vega$ at other events such as NERC depends on on how far your willing to travel, I know Mass events are open to all as well

Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
BartzTech

People Skills : 4599
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: West Bend High School's Vega$   West Bend High School's Vega$ I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 am

Thanks for posting the link! We would use Vega$ at other events, but we used a lot of her guts in Snake Eyes. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://bartztech.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7783
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: West Bend High School's Vega$   West Bend High School's Vega$ I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum, surprisingly your the first person rom the WI regional, please encourage others to join!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Bend High School's Vega$   West Bend High School's Vega$ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

West Bend High School's Vega$
Page 1 of 1