Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saylor23

People Skills : 4849
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock Empty
PostSubject: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 pm

They are out of stock or backordered, 12-45, they seem pretty easy to use, I need two more, what is a possible second choice, I have two sabertooth that seem a little complicatede
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5904
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 am

Assuming this is for drive for a 15lb. bot:
Well, I was about to recommend Trosson or RobotShop, but then I checked and they are also showing out of stock and backordered. I DID notice that RobotShop listed a 'new stock expected' date of Jan 23 (That's NEXT WEEK) but I don't know how reliable that is.
Lotsa folks use Scorpion XXLs and some recommend the Sabretooth. We tried out the Sabretooth, and it got a little glitchy, but that was also a last-minute, at-competition, in a problematic robot situation, so there were a LOT of variables at play.
Back to top Go down
saylor23

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 am

thanks, I think I will order and just hope they get back on track, we have two sabertooth as backup
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4899
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 pm

I really have to argue against the sabertooth.

My university has a class on manufacturing and the end project is a 15# bot. they use sabertooth's exclusively and constantly have robots going crazy.

Safety is apparently not a big concern for them, but at any real robotics event it simply won't fly. plus the last thing you want is to see your bot spinning out of control as they count you out.

BaneBots are definitely the best solution (depending on motor and voltage) but as it seems, they are going to be out of stock for a while.

other solutions might be; Holmes hobbies torquemaster's or even the guys from BotBitz.com (still waiting for my order to arrive and test)

Back to top Go down
MikeNCR
super contributor
super contributor
MikeNCR

People Skills : 5804
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 pm

gtPR wrote:
I really have to argue against the sabertooth.

My university has a class on manufacturing and the end project is a 15# bot. they use sabertooth's exclusively and constantly have robots going crazy.

Safety is apparently not a big concern for them, but at any real robotics event it simply won't fly. plus the last thing you want is to see your bot spinning out of control as they count you out.

BaneBots are definitely the best solution (depending on motor and voltage) but as it seems, they are going to be out of stock for a while.

other solutions might be; Holmes hobbies torquemaster's or even the guys from BotBitz.com (still waiting for my order to arrive and test)

First thing I'll say is Holmes Hobbies does sponsor my team, but that being said, the BR-XL's have been great controllers. At the moment I'm using them for:

Apollyon
12lb
1 BR-XL per dewalt, 6s A123 pack

Moros
30lb
1 BR-XL per dewalt, 5s A123 pack

Nyx
30lb Sportsman
1 BR-XL per dewalt, including weapon, 6s Lipoly pack
Back to top Go down
http://nearchaos.net
saylor23

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 am

If you use the Scorpions, can you use the XL or do you need the XXL, 15lb bot, with a 4lb drum powered by a Mamba, hope to spin around 12k
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4899
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

MikeNCR:
I've really wanted to try out the Holmes Hobbies,
They look pretty solid and I have heard some great reviews.

saylor23:
When you choose your speed controller, take into account what motor you are using, gearbox and how many and what size wheels your driving. (among other things)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock   Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banebots Speed Contoller out of stock
Page 1 of 1