Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Failsafe Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ScarII

People Skills : 4416
Registration date : 2012-03-25

Failsafe Problems Empty
PostSubject: Failsafe Problems   Failsafe Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 am

I have a AR6210 reciever in my bot and the drive motors will not failsafe, but the weapon motor does so fine. Ive heard people saying that it might be the esc we are running a scorpion xl in the bot. Is it the reciever, esc or some other underlying problem.
Back to top Go down
MikeNCR
super contributor
super contributor
MikeNCR

People Skills : 5825
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Failsafe Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failsafe Problems   Failsafe Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 am

From product page on RMP-

SmartSafe failsafe system (Not proper failsafe for combat robotics)

You'll need one that failsafes to preset positions or outputs null signal when connection is lost. I prefer the preset positions as the null signal doesn't work with some motor controllers. the hobbyking R610 and R410 both failsafe properly and are nice and cheap. I'm using them in both of my 30's and my weaponed ant.
Back to top Go down
http://nearchaos.net
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Failsafe Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failsafe Problems   Failsafe Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm

The AR 6255 is the only 6 channel DSM2 receiver that I know of that failsafes to presets on all channels. RMP has it for $80.

IF I recall correctly, even using the 6255 you have to power up the receiver with the bind plug, REMOVE THE BIND PLUG, then initiate the bind process with your transmitter SET ON THE FAILSAFE STICK AND SWITCH POSITIONS.

If you do any part of that incorrectly, you will not get true failsafe (i.e. 'null' signal instead of preset when signal is lost.)

There are some ESCs that will go to 'no output' when the signal goes to null, but many will either continue to output 'last good signal' or get all glitchy. I do not know which ones do which, because I have always bought the full failsafe receivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Failsafe Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failsafe Problems   Failsafe Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Failsafe Problems
Page 1 of 1