Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Team Ignition-FireArrow

Go down 
+2
Camden W
Joe Doerfler
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Badnik96

Badnik96

People Skills : 4298
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 am

You know, I thought I forgot something XD

FireArrow came third at Bot Blast, losing to Guildenstern before beating A Glorified Doorstop, Weed Wacker, TTI Wedge, Dust Pandemonium and a rematch against Guildenstern before losing to Ripto in the losers bracket final. I also took home the best driver award.

We also won a beetleweight chassis off of eBay which I'm planning to buy new electronics for. Its name will be Nocturne.

Next competition for FireArrow will hopefully be the November Pennbots event. Unfortunately we can't make Franklin due to a scheduling conflict.
Back to top Go down
http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/BattleBots_Wiki-Main_Page
Badnik96

Badnik96

PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Work is beginning on the latest version of FireArrow for Pennbots later this month. The chassis is milled out and we're going to be making a new wedge out of 4130 steel and if we have time some thin UHMW wheelguards.

Nocturne is still just a frame and weapon, but 90% of the parts are in (waiting for Robotmarketplace for the battery and mixer).

Also registered for this year's Bot Blast, hoping to do better than third.
Back to top Go down
Badnik96

Badnik96

PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Pennbots last weekend went very well. FireArrow went 4-0, sweeping the Antweight category, and Nocturne went 0-2 but won a grudge match againt Alex Horne's Dumb Post Moto Idea. We're currently planning to rebuild Nocturne from the ground up, and we're selling the old frame to a team in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Badnik96

Badnik96

PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 pm

FireArrow came first at Bot Blast this year with a 6-1 record. Nocturne's rebuild wasn't finished in time.

I'm also beginning to plan a new robot, an antweight FBS named Dodgeball. I'm glad this forum has so many resources thanks to Cam and Spinook Razz
Back to top Go down
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 4920
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:41 pm

I hope to see lots of build progress!!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Ignition-FireArrow   Team Ignition-FireArrow - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Ignition-FireArrow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2