Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

DXF to Prototrak Achieved!

Go down 
+3
That Guy
Cody
Will Bales
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6002
Registration date : 2009-03-16

DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I had a feeling that it was some sort of traumatic experience, the memory of which he is trying to suppress. Don't worry Will, we won't make fun of you for being anally raped by a piece you made on the mill.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7766
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm

I don't know much about his machine, but I can say that milling stuff like that out is best done with flood coolant, the proper tooling, feeds and speeds and a toolchanger machine.

If his machine is a Bridgeport type retrofit, without flood coolant, then he may have his work cut out for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6368
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:48 pm

since will is obviously not putting it up here, I'll steal his photo and do it myself. Will put this on facebook with the caption "Still machining at 12:35, and plenty more to do!" last night i think.

DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 4428_86070985894_617910894_2308031_7348869_n

Will, put up more pictures and tell us stuffs! bounce

gosh.

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Really Will!!!! It looks good so far!!!!!! Why didn't you put this picture up?!?!??!?!?!!?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7813

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Dughi havent you gotten like thirty notifications on facebook from this?! lol
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Ya but I figured it was more from the fluffy eggbeater, I didn't actually check to see whether or not they were for this until after i saw Dan's post.
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6164
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:31 am

lol sorry i've been preoccupied by school nonsense! the program ended, but the part isn't finished. It still needs to be gone over again with a 3/8" Ball end mill and a 3/4" Ball end mill. It's got 16 hours of machining in it so far! maybe it will top off with another 4!
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6368
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:03 pm

man! that's a lot of machining. I bet you're glad you're not doing this by hand lol
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6164
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:41 pm

you have NO IDEA. It's not done yet, but almost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DXF to Prototrak Achieved!   DXF to Prototrak Achieved! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DXF to Prototrak Achieved!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: Fabrication-
Jump to: