Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

dynamic balancing using solidworks?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7771
Registration date : 2009-03-31

dynamic balancing using solidworks? Empty
PostSubject: dynamic balancing using solidworks?   dynamic balancing using solidworks? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Any of you who have seen the pics of our funky drumbot.....

We had to balance the drum and it was a total pain.

So, we are wondering if anyone can explain how to check dynamic balancing in solidworks...if it's possible.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6581
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: dynamic balancing using solidworks?   dynamic balancing using solidworks? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:02 pm

rjw wrote:

So, we are wondering if anyone can explain how to check dynamic balancing in solidworks...if it's possible.

Thanks in advance
I think you can see from my original drum design that I just played around with shapes until I got as close to 0 for x & y axes on the center of gravity in Inventor's iproperties. I'm relying on the same principle for the tungsten rod version. No way to do it automatically as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7771
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: dynamic balancing using solidworks?   dynamic balancing using solidworks? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Jeff L wrote:
rjw wrote:

Thanks in advance
I think you can see from my original drum design that I just played around with shapes until I got as close to 0 for x & y axes on the center of gravity in Inventor's iproperties. I'm relying on the same principle for the tungsten rod version. No way to do it automatically as far as I know.

Our funky drum's center of mass was 0 on x,y, and z, but it took almost 60 grams of tungsten to bring it in dynamically.

we have a choice of exchanging some tungsten (conveniently) for more tool steel , or tryng to balance in the software if possible. we're withn 50 grams of 15 lbs on this bot, so every gram counts at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dynamic balancing using solidworks?   dynamic balancing using solidworks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dynamic balancing using solidworks?
Page 1 of 1