Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now

Go down 
+15
Stephen
Ryan McKinney
SamM
Josh Raichel
SenaiERI
Don Doerfler
Koolaid64
Frisco
rdubard
rjw
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
Cody
Will Bales
jeeves_m_d
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6044
Registration date : 2009-04-21

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now Empty
PostSubject: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

so LOLCANO's latest improvements have commenced!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6156
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm

COOL! LIKE WHAT?! PICTURES??
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:47 pm

I dont have any pix yet, sorry but the changes are just fixing idiot mistakes from last year, and one change was inspired by you, we are now storing the axi inside the beater like fluffy but the way it drives the beater is different. Other improvements include Higher RPM 14.5k vs our 2k from last year i wasn't sure if this was too fast but i can always change it. There is now angled back with lower profile, And it shrank considerably Last year the bots foot print was huge something like 12x15 now its 9x11 so ya. Ill try to put pix up by the end of the week
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7805
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 pm

so still'n shock/fluffy lol
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 pm

in a manner of speaking yes, but keep in kind that lolcano is older than still n shock so plz dont think that we are trying to copy anyone,

Also when i said the way the axi drives the beater is different i meant that ther is no belt rather it uses rubber wheels for friction like most Full budy spinners
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:56 pm

no no its fine i understand lol so many people have tried to tell us still'n shock is just like humdinger 2, its similar but yet not even close, im sure will has gotten it to
Will actually friction drove his drum in his bot in 08 it was pretty cool, i dont think very effecient though, are you still using a beater?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:06 am

I'm honored! did you see the drawings of the FLUFFY Eggbeater version I drew up in Solidworks? might, or might not, give you an idea of what that would look like.
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:20 am

I'm glad the two of you understand, I did see the drawings of the beater but it did not look like that model was friction driven. So im guessing its not fluffy that your talking boutbut that MASSIVE drum i saw in miami the year b4 ... sorry but i forget the name. I'd love to see a pic of how u applied the friction to the drum in that bot, that is if you still have any will?

And Yes its still using a beater, the friction will be transfered through a fly wheel on the shaft, ill get the pic up after school today.

And also i forgot to mention, last years parts were innacurate due to our incompetetance and the cnc machine we had has a tolerance of +0.2 and had a tendancy to break in the middle of operations. SO we got a sponsor that will water jet for free so hopefully that should work our well
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:20 am

oooo free water jet!
That would be the one, he friction drove a wheel on the inside of the drum, putting tape on wierd spots, with the motor mounted off a dead shaft
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:34 pm

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now Wat211
The Render isn't that great but i think you pretty much get the idea,
and the drive includes Banebots 2-7/8'' wheels with custom hex Hubs powered by 2 16:1 36mm Banebots running at 12 V
and to give u an idea of the of the weapon: 4 pound Steel beater that hasn't been treated yet Sad The Effective Diameter is about 7 inches. Spun with an axi 4130-20 running at 24v
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Drive hubs are done

The beaters been repaired

the friction drive wheel was machined on lathe(mmay need to be redone)

We did a test spin with said friction drive wheels and spun the beater up at 2000 rpm with a colson and a cordless drill, fed styrfoam into it and made confetti, suprisingly entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6360
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 am

hahaha shredding styrofoam is funnn :]
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 pm

The random voice saying its zero is talking about how the tachometer isn't working properly, so we dont know how fast it was actually going but it looked pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:27 pm

you're wheel looks trashed! what motor was that?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6568
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:28 pm

looks like the smallest variety of magmotor
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Jeff is right, its a S28-150

And yes the wheel is trash, we have a bunch of them so we are ok but, its sorta fun to see the angled wheels you end up with
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7758
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:20 am

I'm not 100% convinced that you will be happy with a friction drive...if that is what you are doing??

I hope it works out ,tho.....and that the bot structure and beater hold together...if so, it should be VERY serious!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 pm

seems like a terrible idea to me
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 pm

You have your opinion and i respect that, but we are just trying out the friction system after the bot is assembled, we will do some more realistic test. If we dont like the results we do have a pulley back up plan that swaps in quite easily
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:24 pm

i meant the way you guys went about testing it
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 pm

o lol! sadly i agree but it was mostly for kix
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 pm

wonder what it would do to a hand
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:58 pm

thats wat the guy who was holding the motor said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 pm

if his hand got pulled off inward by the motor you probably wouldnt have bots anymore
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 pm

I may have a problem, the friction system seems to get the beater up to speed quickly but after testing multiple times i feel like its is shredding the wheels WAY too quickly. So i was wondering is it because the colson im using are too soft? Would the shredding stop if we were to switch to a wheel with a harder tread, say the blue banebots wheels?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Team Update Pages :: Lincoln-Sudbury High School-
Jump to: