Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5937
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! Empty
PostSubject: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 am

Finally had a meeting with several other interested schools, and there will DEFINITELY be a competition.

The date is Nov. 14 (That's 2 weeks away). Organizers planning on around 30 Mini-class (15lb. ) battlebots and another 30 of the Task-oriented (balloon poppers, I think)
Location will be Ransom Everglades' Middle School Gym, on Bayshore Drive in Miami.
Show up with 25 dollars for each robot entry
Robots to be inspected between 9 and 11 AM
FREE LUNCH served in cafeteria between 11 and 12 (NO FOOD IN THE NEW GYM!!)
Battles/matches start at 12:30
Expect to finish around 6PM

Columbus, Carrollton, MLEC, and Ransom have all volunteered to manage different aspects of setup, running the event, and breakdown--get your parents involved!! (They are much more likely to support your interests when they see how cool and dare I say it educational it is)

If you don't have a robot ready, then come anyway!! For you it's a really fun free show. Also, you don't have to be there until after noon.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7770
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:41 am

Les than a week till showtime!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Yeah, and we STILL don't have confirmation from any teams (except Ms. Leyden at Ferguson, I think). The invitation I sent out did put a deadline of tomorrow for headcount, but it sure makes a guy nervous when he doesn't have any idea how many folks are likely to show up!!

If you are reading this and know for sure your team is gonna come, please say a word or two to whatever adults are in charge of your program---ask them if they have confirmed with Connie yet about attending, how may people to expect, how many of each kind of robot, and who is gonna volunteer when to get things done.

Please?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Mayhem in Miami 3 ended in a 'BALL of FLAMES'....literally
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7817
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:01 pm

will ruins everything lol
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
will ruins everything lol

Actually they should have given him first for the show

It was shaping up to be a heck of a battle...Will's WORKING drum from hell vs a Ti tank

Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:38 am

Richard, that is one of the best vids I've yet seen of the fireball. You were in the ideal location to see it all! I especially like that you can clearly see that the fire started almost immediately after the hit--there is a brief flash inside the drum
Nice work.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 am

rdubard wrote:
Richard, that is one of the best vids I've yet seen of the fireball. You were in the ideal location to see it all! I especially like that you can clearly see that the fire started almost immediately after the hit--there is a brief flash inside the drum
Nice work.

MLEC had 3 cameras filming all the battles...we use it as a learning and R & D tool....the drivers can see where they made critical mistakes (like leaving a wedge up when confronting a drum..lol) and the results of their good and bad jugement calls.

On the R & D side, we can use slow mo to evaluate the performance of the bots and their components.

We might also have some good angles of your bots fighting others as well..Let me know if you want a copy.
Back to top Go down
Alain

Alain

People Skills : 5280
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Mayhem in Miami 3 was truly a spectacular event. I'm sure everyone there, no matter what team, had a blast, I know I did for sure. Looking forward to more events like this, a big thanks goes to everyone who set it all up. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamjag.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!   Mayhem in Miami is a GO!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayhem in Miami is a GO!!
Page 1 of 1