Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

A Place for Ideas!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5707
Registration date : 2009-11-01

A Place for Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: A Place for Ideas!   A Place for Ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 am

Welcome and hello to all users and viewers of this forum.

Our little place in the universe for West Mifflin Area High School's Robotics Ideas.

We are located in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA.

Our School is the size of 1100 students in grades 9-12.

2009-2010 will be our third year of competing in Battle Bots.

We have completed 4 robots previously and are currently building 5 robots for the 2009-2010 school year.

Welcome and enjoy the past, present and future ideas for our Battle Bots and Bot Hockey!

Mr. Frisco
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7805
Registration date : 2009-03-16

A Place for Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Place for Ideas!   A Place for Ideas! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:50 pm

I was looking at the robogames website and it reminded me of Mars highschool
Three years ago they had a lifter that they took down to 12 lbs and took to robogames
Your first year they had a bot called Robogrinder that looked alot like relik
There advisor Mr. Case liked the RFL setting alot better the botsiq and they've now stopped competing in IQ
He also tried to put together an insect competition but i believe it ended up falling threw
Im not sure if theyve built any little bots but he would be a good contact and probably someone else intrested in competing at your competition
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

A Place for Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Place for Ideas!   A Place for Ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:51 am

Maybe this needs to be on a different/separate thread, but since it came up here. . .
What was more appealing about RFL over IQ?

I ask because I HATE the politics that creeps into this sport, don't understand why there are so many factions, and really don't think there is enough money around to support too many different organizations.

This does NOT mean I am siding with any one 'league' or another (I only do IQ because that's what has been available down here in Miami over the years--of course now I gotta go to SF, so that doesn't even apply!)

Part of what baffles me is that, whenever I speak with individual folks in any of these orgs, (like Nola) they seem so supportive, enthusiastic, and just as disgusted with the politics as I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Place for Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Place for Ideas!   A Place for Ideas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Place for Ideas!
Page 1 of 1