Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Motorama 2010

Go down 
+6
Frisco
jeeves_m_d
Will Bales
Dan Curhan
Josh Raichel
Cody
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Josh Raichel
great contributor
great contributor
Josh Raichel

People Skills : 5786
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Motorama 2010 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Ill find a way to break that drum. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.raichel
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7758
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Josh Raichel wrote:
Ill find a way to break that drum. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I hope it's spectacular when it happens.... Twisted Evil

If you break it running into a wall, I'll be somewhat disappointed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6568
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Unless the wall breaks too. All of it.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:56 pm

true....if the whole arena burns to the ground cause Josh hit the wall, that would definitely be considered spectacular.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Josh Raichel
great contributor
great contributor
Josh Raichel

People Skills : 5786
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Ill blow up the test box. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.raichel
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 am

Well I just got back from Moto...and while we didn't win on paper or officially, I have to say that the bots did very well...especially considering that I was totally brain dead and running on pure adrenalin. (actually barely running...more like crawling)

We could have used Josh to drive ALL the bots, actually...lol....As it was, I fumbled my way through to a few wins, 1 questionable decision loss (after a small war with a judge) and a bit of bad luck....

We met a bunch of very nice people, great builders and got to compete against some very nice bots..

The good:

Sting FINALLY has a drum that didn't blow up. All of the kitbots horizontal soinners managed to break their blades on our S7 drums

The bad:

We couldn't keep up with the pace and had to forfiet 4 or 5 matches

The ugly:

It Stings had a bent ti shaft after its only fight, a win vs surgical strike . SS lost a tooth and stop running. we had NO spare and the best we could do was to borrow a hammer and try to repair....lol (unsuccessful attempt), but still a good debut win against a proven bot

the spin stops here had a receiver problem almost from the getgo, lost by forfeit and then to wardrums when we had no communication with the bot. I believe that it kept gettting hung up the wooden floor....(actually all our bots got hung up on the wooden floor, which by he end of the event was totally trashed)

Sting forfeited for its first loss and then lost what we thought was a questionalbe decision to maniac Kathy. If and when video goes up on the tube, you can decide for yourselves.

SOT ...totally neglected, the poor little guy managed to stay in the running and when we decided to just forfeit the other bots, we realized that it was running on old semi burned out drive and weapon motor.

So we changed out the drive motors and eeked out another win vs Eureka

We then decided to convert it to a drumbot and were on our way to a win vs Weta, when the main deans connector popped out of the side of the bot.....and then got disconnected......

Summary: We went there for R & D purposes and came away with what I believe will be a LONG term win for our MLEC 15 pounders......

Oh..and I believe that Sting is no longer a 1 hit wonder....you check out the video and I think that you will agree with me on 2 fronts

1) Sting is the real deal

and

2) We either need to recruit drivers for the R & D bots, or I need to get some serious stick time in... affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorama 2010   Motorama 2010 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorama 2010
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5