Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

A123's Straight from China ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5727
Registration date : 2009-11-01

A123's Straight from China ??? Empty
PostSubject: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Anyone ever order any batteries straight from China???

I found a supplier that has A123 batteries for $8.00 each...

Any other prices close to this here in the US????

I was planning on ordering 30 pieces and building our own packs with hyperion tabs....

That would put a 5 cell pack cost at about $44.00

Let me know if there is any input on this....

FRISCO
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7825
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm

You have to be pretty careful with A123s cause there are a TON of fakes. The owner of battlepacks gave me a list of things to look for when buying to identify fakes but i cant seem to find it. I bought ten cells off of a chinese supplier off of ebay for something like $15 just to see how they were but I never had the chance to let alex play with them so i dont know. From what I've read online alot of the fakes actually have the same performance if not better with the downside that they might not last as long.
Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5727
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 am

I just got my Orange Rx's from them and they are exactly what they state.... Work Pretty well and less than 1/3 of the price for spektrum brand...

The company lists all of the spots to check for fakes and out of date A123 Batteries so I think they are pretty legit.

I think I am going to order them and order the balancers / foam and shrink from battlepack...

One of my groups are a little slow on getting things done so it looks like we will be down 1 bot as of now for Moto....

With things getting a little crazy with scheduling right now we might lose my sons if there is not enough time to get it cut....

Hopefully I can stay healthy for a month and keep my wife from divorcing me after the time I will be putting in up here at the school...

First year for CNCing should be interesting....

FRISCO
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6064
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:21 pm

who is this supplier? and do they have a website?
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Brandon Roberts

Brandon Roberts

People Skills : 5220
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 pm

yes frisco do tell =p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A123's Straight from China ???   A123's Straight from China ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A123's Straight from China ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: Technical help-
Jump to: