Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Ar7000 Failsafe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5685
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Ar7000 Failsafe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ar7000 Failsafe?   Ar7000 Failsafe? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:16 am

Which ESC?
Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5685
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Ar7000 Failsafe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ar7000 Failsafe?   Ar7000 Failsafe? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

I have seen some ESC's work differently with certain presets.
Especially if you are running Brushless Bi directional drives ESC's.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5903
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Ar7000 Failsafe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ar7000 Failsafe?   Ar7000 Failsafe? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

one of my first hits on google "AR7000 failsafe" returned this gem--if you try it and it works, let me know:

The AR9000 and R921 receivers have 2 modes available. They have the Smart Safe as one option, which to set this you bind the receiver normally (leaving the bind plug in the Receiver until it completes the binding process). They also have a 'conventional' mode where all channels will be set to fail safe and the positions are stored during binding. To get into this mode, after you power up the receiver with the bind plug installed, the light begins to flash. Before you turn on the Tx in bind mode, you remove the bind plug from the receiver and then power up the Tx in bind mode. In both cases you will need to hold the channels in the fail safe positions desired through the whole binding procedure. In Smart Safe mode, only the throttle channel will be set to fail safe, in conventional mode all channels will be set to fail safe. And that applies only to the AR9000 and R921 receivers.

BTW--I know it says this only applies to the AR9000, and you want the AR7000, but what would it hurt to try it out?
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5903
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Ar7000 Failsafe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ar7000 Failsafe?   Ar7000 Failsafe? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Also found this (underlining mine)

Originally the AR7000's only let you set the throttle fail safe, and all other channels would just hold their last known position in the event of a lost signal. This is a bad thing if you happen to be turning when it loses the signal (as in my video). I think they called that "smartsafe" or something like that.

AR9000's, and now the firmware upgraded AR7000's allow you to set fail safe positions for all channels. If you the signal is lost, it will move all the channels to the fail safe positions rather than holding them. To set it up, you insert the bind plug in the receiver, power the receiver, then REMOVE the bind plug before you turn on the transmitter (with the bind button pressed). That binds the TX/RX and sets the fail safe to the positions that are on the TX at that time.

So, I guess you try it, and if that don't work you send it back to Horizon for an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ar7000 Failsafe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ar7000 Failsafe?   Ar7000 Failsafe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ar7000 Failsafe?
Page 1 of 1