Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!

Go down 
+5
Don Doerfler
rjw
Cody
Stephen
Frisco
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5714
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! Empty
PostSubject: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 am

The Team Leaders had PSSA Tests yesterday and were allowed to leave school and go home at 10AM.

All of them chose to leave and go watch basketball and fish and sleep over finishing 1 robot that is a pound overweight and 1 robot that is not finished.

3 Freshmen said they could not stay because they go a new video game and wanted to go home and play it instead of staying.

Yesterday I told them I will not even give information as to what they need to do or show them if their wiring is wrong.

Totally pissed at them at this time.

Today, I called off school and next week I am not staying after school a single day.

They made their choices yesterday and I am pretty pissed about it.

We may not have a single bot out of 6 ready for our preliminaries next weekend.

Not my fault but theirs!

I have spent 3 months at our school Monday through Friday till 10-11-12 at night trying to help them get their bots done.

They do not respect me, My family, My effort or Our Program at the present time.

The are Takers with no Giving!

Pissed !!!

I hope they read this.... Better Yet I hope they dont because they they would not care anyway.

Frisco
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5615
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 am

sorry but sometimes we need a break if i knew no one was staying i would have came back but i had work anyway
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Take a break?! lol bots was my break, I spent every chance I could in Mr. Volkers room. Lunch, study hall you name and we always stayed from 2:30 to atleast 6:30 every tuesday/thursay and every day 2:30 to 9:30 the two weeks leading to competition (unless I had hockey)
We actually started taking turns buying pizza for the rest of the team on tuesdays since we were usually there so late, Volker supplied the pop haha
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Rick

Go ahead and vent.....but you are not alone.

A lot of our kids didn;t show as much interest as we feel they should have, prior to BotsIQ nats.

afterwards, 2 teams chose to go out and eat ather than attend a mandatory meeting....They are currently no longer part of the team and will need to jump through a bunch of hoops if they care to return.

A lot of kids still need to learn to take responsability for their actions...all part of growing up, I guess, but a sad situation for teachers and mentors who dedicate so much time and effort.

Play hardball...if nothing else , it might help them figure things out in the future.

Keep the faith.....kids these days can be hard to motivate... just part of the 'I want it now, but I don't want to work for it' society that we have created.
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Show them the new NRL video it might motivate them haha
Back to top Go down
Don Doerfler
super contributor
super contributor
Don Doerfler

People Skills : 5637
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Cody wrote:
Take a break?! lol bots was my break, I spent every chance I could in Mr. Volkers room. Lunch, study hall you name and we always stayed from 2:30 to atleast 6:30 every tuesday/thursay and every day 2:30 to 9:30 the two weeks leading to competition (unless I had hockey)
We actually started taking turns buying pizza for the rest of the team on tuesdays since we were usually there so late, Volker supplied the pop haha

Same
but now that anybody that stayed after gone and its just me 2:30 to 5:30 everyday for the last 2 months
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DoerflerRobotics?feature=mhum
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5043
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 pm

I got the same problems i held a mandatory meting today to try to figure out if were going to build a freshman bot and not a single freshman showed. so they aren't getting a robot.

As for the kids not coming for you frisco that's ridiculous. When i was still in high school i went every day and often worked on the robots during school. at the very least everyday from 2 to 10 starting two months before the competition. i thought it was fun and wanted to build the best robot i physically could. guess the kids don't feel the same way.

I was on spring break last week and spent everyday in the school building a robot with my sophomore team and on Thursday when it still wasn't done i stayed until 1 30 in the morning after getting in at 8 am with just me the teacher that helps and my younger brother. Mad
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Don Doerfler wrote:
Cody wrote:

Same
but now that anybody that stayed after gone and its just me 2:30 to 5:30 everyday for the last 2 months
Should have told me I would have helped out last week while I was home
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5932
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:00 am

As an advisor/coach/whatever we suckers want to call ourselves--I've been there more than once! It's hard, and the students don't seem to realize how much of our personal lives we sacrifice just to give them the chance to do something I was very lucky this year that most of my team was very conscientious--I think the BotsHigh movie kind of gave them an insight on what procrastination does to them and to us.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5928
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 pm

tell them there is only going to be one robot from now on, everything else is spare parts.

Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5957
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:32 am

Frisco, I agree completely. I've been in that situation many times but have no advice or wise words to offer. Some kids simply don't have the interest, ability or dedication to be good engineers. It's sad but it's true.

Good luck and if you find an end to this never ending trap we keep finding ourselves in, let us know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!   Totally pissed at My Team at this Point! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Totally pissed at My Team at this Point!
Page 1 of 1