Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

different match types

Go down 
+3
Cody
jtm94
Koolaid64
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5899
Registration date : 2009-07-05

different match types  Empty
PostSubject: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:26 pm

i want to get your guys opinions

1v1 is good and all but i feel like changing things up

so what do you think of:

4 way free for all, with the winner advancing

tag team matches 2v2

pits or KO out arenas (witch could be run best 2 out of three like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdB1D_Gqaus&feature=channel_video_title)

if you can think of anything else let post it

Back to top Go down
jtm94
great contributor
great contributor
jtm94

People Skills : 5350
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 pm

I like good old 1 on 1
I am a fan of the grudge matches that they had at botsiq this year because no tap outs can be sick.
Participating in the 6 way free for all was amazing!!!
and Clairton pretty much tag teamed it which I also think is a great idea.
I am against pit arenas or the arenas without sides that keep you in unless the arena is significantly larger, but I'm still not a fan of it.

The problem that I see with the 4 ways and up is if you have a few good robots in there and you don't really get to see how well they perform. The 6 way we fought in was all robots that had lost so it didn't count for the actual bracket. I liked that a lot.

I think they should make tag teams possible for next year so schools with 2 robots can face each other with both.

I would also like to point out that the crowd LOVES matches with more than 2 robots.

Though I'm against 4 ways that count I would like to think that a 3 way would be more acceptable in an actual bracket, but 1 on 1 is just the way it's been done.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:33 pm

im just looking to mix things up a bit and the 4 ways came to mind because thats how robot wars did a few of their tournaments back in the day

and the reason im thinking pits is because im looking at something that increases the life span of bots and also gives a good driver hope =P.

plus if you have never driven in a pit match its a different kind of feeling, your always on edge, well a sharper edge

tag team is something i've been thinking of but people have to be willing to partner with other people in order for that to work
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7783
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Plum only fought in one rumble and its was pretty cool. We talked to the rest of the teams and it ended up being atomic and final shock vs 4 other bots. Atomic and final started back to back with everyone around them. It was really cool
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5014
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Me and my brother talked about two on two tag team. So one bot has to stay inside the box unless it's partner bot is ko'd just like a www tag match that would be some seriosly cool matches but they would probably have to be grudge match type fischer because of the whole fight to the death thing.
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5586
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 pm

yah both west mifflin teams worked together in the second rumble it worked out real good until i was going one way and he was going the other and we met in the middle he went flying but it was alot of fun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
jakerheimer

jakerheimer

People Skills : 4784
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 pm

haha if my weapon was working that rumble would have been even more crazy

Stephen wrote:
yah both west mifflin teams worked together in the second rumble it worked out real good until i was going one way and he was going the other and we met in the middle he went flying but it was alot of fun
Back to top Go down
Koensig

People Skills : 4875
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Koolaid64 wrote:

and the reason im thinking pits is because im looking at something that increases the life span of bots and also gives a good driver hope =P.

plus if you have never driven in a pit match its a different kind of feeling, your always on edge, well a sharper edge

tag team is something i've been thinking of but people have to be willing to partner with other people in order for that to work

I like the idea of pits, that's how we do it in the Weston Allied Robotics competitions. (I drive a wedge so I really like the pit) The crowd always loves a good pitting and it really brings out the best in the drivers.
I also like the tag-team idea, I'm not sure how well it would work but it would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:31 am

well i was thinking about doing a summer insect event and just wanted everyones input, if i had enough bots show up then we could try a tag team or battle royal tournament. but thats only if everyone agrees with it
Back to top Go down
Koensig

People Skills : 4875
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

where and when are you thinking about doing it?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm not sure how many builders will go for it. IQ PA uses them to waste some time in the last of the matches in the brackets to give the teams there 20 minutes
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 pm

thats why i wanted to ask about first to get a feel for everyones opinions

and if i do hold a summer event it will probable be in the first week of September and here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=685&q=dunlop+rd+meshoppen&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

aside from addressing the obvious fire hazard it would probable just be in my barn =P
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Do you even get cell phone service there? haha
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 pm

the service is actually better in the barn

and the barn is pretty pimpin, full court basketball, pool table, ping pong table, and a loft with a tv and furniture. its my summer hangout
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Koolaid64 wrote:
the service is actually better in the barn

and the barn is pretty pimpin, full court basketball, pool table, ping pong table, and a loft with a tv and furniture. its my summer hangout
Thats not a barn at all! haha that sounds awesome though
haha the only place you get service at my girlfriends is in the barn, hers has horses, hay, feed and all that good stuff Neutral the only fun stuff in the there are our dirtbikes lol
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 am

ya my mom does all the horse stuff to but thats in the lower part of the barn. there still some hay upstairs thus the fire hazard
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 pm

seams like a great place to have a casual event/BBQ party to me

different match types  CIMG0145
different match types  0423111329
different match types  0423111328
different match types  0423111322a

https://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo76/botman64/the%20barn/
Back to top Go down
jtm94
great contributor
great contributor
jtm94

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

That barn is off the chain!
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm

i started tearing down the box so i could steal it from the school borrow it for the summer.

its just a wood frame now but i plan on welding up a steel panel pin-up frame when i get time over the summer

different match types  0429111028
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

haha ur like actually planning on having this that would be cool
would u be able to fight 15s in that thing haha
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm

probable wouldn't be to safe, so no
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:29 pm

i've been thinking first week of September, i want to have it after bot blast and before FI and that seams to be about the best time
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 pm

yah i figured it wouldn't be safe i had to ask anyway

how is this going to be judged ?
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Alex Udanis wrote:
Stephen wrote:
yah i figured it wouldn't be safe i had to ask anyway

how is this going to be judged ?

Last robot moving wins!!!

in general, im thinking a pit will save bots for later rounds
Back to top Go down
jtm94
great contributor
great contributor
jtm94

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Make a removable pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different match types    different match types  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different match types
Page 1 of 1