Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Koensig

People Skills : 4897
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  Empty
PostSubject: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I have one BB 3-9 esc that refuses to respond to anything I do. Its green led just keeps blinking and it won't respond. I have tried plugging it into different channels using different radios and receivers and tired it with and without other ESCs. Nothing I do makes it work. Anyone have any ideas. I'd like to get it to work or its $30 dollars down the drain. I'd rather not have to return it.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6360
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 am

They're kinda notorious for occasionally doing that. Sometimes you'll get one that just refuses all connections. You may want to just have BaneBots exchange it. They know it happens occasionally.

I've found that pinching the end of the board that has the PWM cable sometimes will get it to work, but this doesn't usually happen.
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7758
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:22 am

Koensig wrote:
I have one BB 3-9 esc that refuses to respond to anything I do. Its green led just keeps blinking and it won't respond. I have tried plugging it into different channels using different radios and receivers and tired it with and without other ESCs. Nothing I do makes it work. Anyone have any ideas. I'd like to get it to work or its $30 dollars down the drain. I'd rather not have to return it.

longshot,but try using the trim to see if you can get it to stop blinking...it needs to see a neutral signal before it arms
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 am

If it's been knocked around a little, it could simply be that the signal wires aren't making connection to the PC board. I'm pretty sure this is why the 'pinching' trick works sometimes.

Also, I have had the problem with the BB (12-45's actually) not 'agreeing' with the transmitter on what 'neutral' means--so put it on an unmixed channel with the trim set to one extreme, and knock the trim up one step at a time, waiting a second or two on each setting--the ESC might suddenly like one of the signals it gets, and it might not, but it only takes a few minutes to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Don Doerfler
super contributor
super contributor
Don Doerfler

People Skills : 5630
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:41 am

did u bind ur receiver
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DoerflerRobotics?feature=mhum
Koensig

People Skills : 4897
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:42 am

Thank you for your help. I will try your suggestions and if they don't work I'll have to send it back I guess.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 am

This thread motivated me to pull out the box of "bad" BB12-45's we had at school and see what I could do. I repaired 9 simply by resoldering the wires that come from the receiver! That's nearly 500 bucks recovered with a couple hours work!

The symptoms of all of them were exactly as you describe--blinking RDY light, no response from receiver.

(Of course, there were 3 others that I got working that way and then they stopped working again, and another 8 that did NOTHING--no LEDs or anything-- when I powered them up, but still, 9 good ones!)

btw, I never throw anything out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs    Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with BB 3-9 ESCs
Page 1 of 1