Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Two Controllers one bot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saylor23

People Skills : 4887
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Two Controllers one bot Empty
PostSubject: Two Controllers one bot   Two Controllers one bot I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 pm

We are thinking of using two controllers, one for the weapon and the other for the bot

We have a DX7 now, looking for a pistol grip second controller. We are the things to look out for, do you need two power sources?
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5942
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Two Controllers one bot   Two Controllers one bot I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:31 pm

You do not need two power sources. I know of no special instructions or warnings beyond the normal concerns for failsafing (and even then, it's the same as if they were in two different bots). We have done this with many bots, some with two separate circuits entirely (two batteries, two switches, etc), and some that share the battery but have separate switches and some that have the same battery and switch. It works really well, I think.
Back to top Go down
saylor23

People Skills : 4887
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Two Controllers one bot   Two Controllers one bot I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:49 pm

how do I do this?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6173
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Two Controllers one bot   Two Controllers one bot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 am

Ya we did this a couple of times. All you have to do is simply plug the weapon ESC into the DX7's receiver, and the drive ESC's into the pistol grip's receiver. As long as both your weapon ESC and your drive ESC's have BEC's (battery eliminator circuits), the receivers will all power up once you turn the power on and should work without any issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Controllers one bot   Two Controllers one bot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Controllers one bot
Page 1 of 1