Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

What happened? Help me remember.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rod Franklin

People Skills : 4289
Registration date : 2012-07-04

What happened? Help me remember. Empty
PostSubject: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Long ago, before the Battlebox arena was made, I attended a thing at the Long Beach Pyramid. Actually I think it was in the parking garage somewhere. It must have been 1998 or before. Just a hand full of folks including myself sat in metal folding chairs around a very low barrier watching robots battle. No glass wall, nothing to stop you from resting your feet on the barrier between you and the robots. I only remember one robot. It might have been a Christian Carlburg (sp?) creation. It was purple and had two of what looked like go kart wheels and and it dragged a hammer/pick axe that would fly over and slam down when the robot would stop abruptly.

I've looked on the internet for info on what I saw and when I saw it, with no joy. I'm pretty sure the name Battlebots was used somehow. There might have been a autonomous robot competition attached to it where little robots would try to find their way through a maze, but I might be wrong about that.

So, can anyone clue me as to when I saw what I remember? Were anyone of you folks there with me? If you were can you recall and recount any other details of that day?

And Hi! Pleased to be here. Just a fan, not a builder. I was at the Battlebots thing in Las Vegas in 1999 too. Got the t shirt.
Back to top Go down
SamM
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5356
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Unfortunately most of the users here are relative newcomers, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to help.

You may have better luck on the Robot Fighting League forum, where there are more veteran builders:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/THERFL/

or if you use Facebook, PM me on here and I can invite you to our group.
Back to top Go down
Rod Franklin

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks Sam, I'll check the other place out.
Back to top Go down
Badnik96

Badnik96

People Skills : 4270
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 pm

The robot you remember is probably Toe-Crusher
What happened? Help me remember. Toecrusher
Back to top Go down
http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/BattleBots_Wiki-Main_Page
Rod Franklin

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks Nik, that is exactly it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Help me remember.   What happened? Help me remember. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened? Help me remember.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: General Discussion-
Jump to: