Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Need advice on motors!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
socalntma

socalntma

People Skills : 4059
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Need advice on motors! Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on motors!   Need advice on motors! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 pm

I am new to robot building and I'm putting together a robot for the NRL. Need help in deciding what kind and size motors to use. We have some old parts from past robots. We are using 14.4 Volts, 5000 mAh battery packs. The motors that we are using for the drivetrain seem to work just fine, but we are having trouble with our weapon. The motor we are using for it doesn't spin very fast. We need something that has a pretty high RPM, but also a little bit of torque. Price is not an issue, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://trainingcenters.org
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7784
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on motors!   Need advice on motors! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Mamba monster combo from castle
Back to top Go down
socalntma

socalntma

People Skills : 4059
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on motors!   Need advice on motors! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Cody, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe you can clarify a couple things for me. I don't know if we need a new ESC. We are using the WASP ESC, which seems to have enough capacity to handle just about any motor we throw in there. We are using the Spektrum 6 controller and controlling the weapon through the left joystick on the controller right now, our biggest problem is that the motor we have is off an old kit, and it's got a lot of torque but only pumping out about 300 rpm. I was thinking we could just swap out the motor for something better. Any suggestions on motors, or should I focus on looking at the Castle motors?
Back to top Go down
http://trainingcenters.org
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7784
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on motors!   Need advice on motors! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

You need to go brushless for your weapon
We're spinning our drum over 15k rpms with the motor and esc combo I recomended
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on motors!   Need advice on motors! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice on motors!
Page 1 of 1