Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Miami museum of science in September

Go down 
+5
Alan Dreher
MattTavares
Sean Rubin
Cody
rjw
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6001
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Party for the counselors who with her this summer
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 pm

I heard thru the grapevine that it won't happen till October
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5941

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Mmmm...grapes.
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6163
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 pm

NOO!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:31 pm

will bales wrote:
NOO!!! Evil or Very Mad

WHAT!? GRAPES ARE GOOD!!
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 pm

rjw wrote:

What do you mean by "the grapevine" ?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:59 pm

BabyDork wrote:
rjw wrote:

What do you mean by "the grapevine" ?

grape·vine (grpvn) n.

1. A vine on which grapes grow.

a. The informal transmission of information, gossip, or rumor from person to person.
b. A usually unrevealed source of confidential information.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Are you trying to suggest that it is from a confidential source?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

BabyDork wrote:
Are you trying to suggest that it is from a confidential source?

no....just messing with you... cyclops

Paul from MLEC spoke with Nola a few days ago and relayed that info.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am

Looks like October 24th is the date..

With a meeting on september 18th at the museum

Anyone not in the loop should contact Nola.
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Ya, you better not forget this date because it's my birthday. It's kind of a big deal..
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:02 pm

If anyone can find more information...like the time it starts and the weight classes that can be entered....that wld be great. I just got Gulliver interested in doing this...but we will need to start very soon (in other words...like 2 weeks ago). I dont think it will be very liekly we will have a robot ready by then...but the engineering head (Mr. Charron) said it would be possible.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:41 pm

I believe only 15 pounders......try getting in touch with Nola

I'd like to see a 3 lbs. comp as well, but I don't think there are many down here???
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Ok. If you get in touch with her can you ask her: 1. What the purpose of the meeting is. 2. What time the meeting is. 3. What time the competition begins. 4. How do we sign up (im guessing this is what the meeting is for...but just in case)?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Sean, if Gulliver doesn't have a robot at the competition, it's because you didn't try. It doesn't need to be super amazing, just make a simple wedge, or box, to start with. Remember that you're starting from scratch, and that nobody there knows much at all about Battlebots.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 am

you just want something to bounce off the ceiling....
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6575
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 am

Really, if Sean makes a wedge that can drive well and take some hits, it'll probably be better than a fair number of other robots in attendance.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

One problem is that we just don't have enough events down here to allow testing/proving of bot designs.

I wish that there were at least 3 or 4 per year, then the quality of locallly built bots might improve dramatically.

At the moment, outside of this comp, only the Dade County Youth fair exists locally.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:46 pm

will bales wrote:
Sean, if Gulliver doesn't have a robot at the competition, it's because you didn't try. It doesn't need to be super amazing, just make a simple wedge, or box, to start with. Remember that you're starting from scratch, and that nobody there knows much at all about Battlebots.

True. But first I need a team, money, and materials. I can't even start designing as I don't have solidworks and i need to get approval from my team first...If we get started soon, it shouldnt be a problem to make a simple wedge in time.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5932
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Meeting on the 18th is at Sci. Mus. at 5pm. Adults running established teams should have received an email invitation from Nola, but it is always possible that Mr. Charron was not on her list. Purpose of meeting is to hammer out details (like what kinds of 'bots, time, funding, task assignments, etc.)

Sean-speak with Mr. Charron about maybe you and him going to this, or if he can't make it, maybe he would allow you to go with one of your parents or (even with Dughi, Will, Mr. Bales, and myself) to represet Gulliver.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:49 pm

rdubard wrote:
Meeting on the 18th is at Sci. Mus. at 5pm. Adults running established teams should have received an email invitation from Nola, but it is always possible that Mr. Charron was not on her list. Purpose of meeting is to hammer out details (like what kinds of 'bots, time, funding, task assignments, etc.)

Sean-speak with Mr. Charron about maybe you and him going to this, or if he can't make it, maybe he would allow you to go with one of your parents or (even with Dughi, Will, Mr. Bales, and myself) to represet Gulliver.

I mentioned this to Mr. Charron and he is interested in going to it. He asked me to get some information on it...so thats where this thread comes in handy!
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 am

Any progress reports?

Anyone bringing something new? Will?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Fluffy is totally disassembled at the moment, and Bearkin, formerly known as Timothy Higgins is getting wheel guards and a new blade. This weekend Alex, Tyler and I are gonna try to machine down the drum. I got a new, smaller, rotary table, and can actually mount it with conventional means, unlike the big old one. The new drum will also get new teeth.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:57 am

Cool..I hope that you get Fluffy ironed out

How about your fbs? Any progress?

Anyone else making progress?
Back to top Go down
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 am

not much has happened on a FBS, although there is a desire to make one..

Also, the Woodynator 2 is looking more and more like it will get built. We were going to make it last year, but Kyle graciously gave it up in order to help other people and reserve resources. YAY KYLE! Now, we have to make it (we made a deal).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami museum of science in September   Miami museum of science in September - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miami museum of science in September
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next