Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7780
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Sharing  knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's Empty
PostSubject: Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's   Sharing  knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:29 pm

For some that may not know this, and who do not have either a flip switch for your drive or weapon esc, we just found out that we can mix in a flip switch using a spektrum dx6i.

We are using Scorpion drive esc's which have a flip function for the drive motors, but didn't have the know how on how to flip weapon rotation when inverted, so that the sticks always work in the same direction when either right side up or inverted.

Those with invertable bots without powered weapons could also use this to keep the same stick orientation for drive motors when inverted with for example banebots esc's.

I found this out on the rfl forum when I started a thread looking for a cheap servo reverser.

It would still require a reversing esc for a powered drum (for example), but at least stick direction would be a no brainer.

If anyone needs details on how to do this, post up
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7827
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's   Sharing  knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:45 pm

usually one of the toggle swithces on top, but you have plenty to choose from.
Dx6Is suck and i recomend avoding them if possible, binding time is a pain in the booty.
Do you know about all of there recalls?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7780
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's   Sharing  knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
usually one of the toggle swithces on top, but you have plenty to choose from.
Dx6Is suck and i recomend avoding them if possible, binding time is a pain in the booty.
Do you know about all of there recalls?

there is a test.....go to the monitor screen and if the arrows don't move correctly with stick movement then the dx is a dud and needs a repair. Any other problems I don't know about? Ours seem to wrk fine, so far.

We have no problems with binding, but you must follow a certain procedure to avoid headaches.

Anyhow, the programming works on a regular dx6 or a dx7 and maybe some others

Simply ...you use the 2 mixes in the transmitter.

example: We are using the rudder channel to control weapon and the gear switch to flip

Edit BOTH mix 1 and mix 2 to rudder to rudder and set left and right values to -100% in both mixes

Choose the gear switch for both mixes and you're done.

If you want to flip the drivetrain and are using the elevator channel for forward and reverse, just substitiute elevator instead of rudder in the example above.

In our case with Scorpion drive esc's the gear switch now flips drivetrain direction and the mix above flips weapon direction..all in one switch...kind of convenient.

For some that may not be in the know
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's   Sharing  knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing knowledge....Inverted bots without flip switch esc's
Page 1 of 1