Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009

Go down 
+3
Sean Rubin
Will Bales
rjw
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Disprove what?

I am on this forum, sharing info with EVERYONE....trying to help ALL students.

If a student decides to run staggered blades or upside down timing belts, so what? Did I do it for them?

More advisors should be as dedicated to the overall sport.

Unlike you, MLEC doesn't have the funding to let students send out drawings of BAD parts and/or have bad parts made. There are other ways to teach them...mostly by showing how their design needs work.

Plum's bots and many others are totally (or partially) outsourced. If a hole is misplaced or whatever, do their suppliers/sponsors eat the bad part and maybe make 5 or 10 drums until it's right?

I am not in control of any of the students, so if you have a problem with them not being here, talk to their instructor.

As state earlier, I am here to help everyone and share knowledge.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Josh Raichel
great contributor
great contributor
Josh Raichel

People Skills : 5793
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Redemptions team outsourced our parts to be made. They made them to OUR exact specs. We had two bots last year so the Juniors were built inhouse and the seniors outsourced the CNC, EDM, heatreat and milling services.

Nothing wrong with sending parts out to be made, as long as the ones on the team design it. I had practically no help from Westmoreland Mechanical Testing and Research towards the design. In fact i taught them a few things here and there. They never really deal with BattleBots so the use of the metals, and such are new to them. I just sent them drawings and they made the part.

The greatest satisfaction was hearing how my drawings for a part are better and easier to work with them some Aerospace companies they deal with.... Wink

As long as the TEAM designs it, then its their bot. Even if a advisor helps to prevent them from failing, well....its better to fail and learn then to succeed and not learn anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.raichel
RemoteContact

People Skills : 5400
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 pm

rjw wrote:
Disprove what?

I am on this forum, sharing info with EVERYONE....trying to help ALL students.

If a student decides to run staggered blades or upside down timing belts, so what? Did I do it for them?

More advisors should be as dedicated to the overall sport.

Unlike you, MLEC doesn't have the funding to let students send out drawings of BAD parts and/or have bad parts made. There are other ways to teach them...mostly by showing how their design needs work.

Plum's bots and many others are totally (or partially) outsourced. If a hole is misplaced or whatever, do their suppliers/sponsors eat the bad part and maybe make 5 or 10 drums until it's right?

I am not in control of any of the students, so if you have a problem with them not being here, talk to their instructor.

As state earlier, I am here to help everyone and share knowledge.....

ok, its nice that you're here to help everybody...

You are not in control of any of the students???... Ummmmmmm....you are the tech advisor right? That pretty much translates into team supervisor.

Unlike me?? You don't even know me.

The issue is not outsourcing if you read my previous posts.
Back to top Go down
RemoteContact

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Disprove me by proving that your students designed/built/tested built your 15lb robots.
Back to top Go down
RemoteContact

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Josh Raichel wrote:
Redemptions team outsourced our parts to be made. They made them to OUR exact specs. We had two bots last year so the Juniors were built inhouse and the seniors outsourced the CNC, EDM, heatreat and milling services.

Nothing wrong with sending parts out to be made, as long as the ones on the team design it. I had practically no help from Westmoreland Mechanical Testing and Research towards the design. In fact i taught them a few things here and there. They never really deal with BattleBots so the use of the metals, and such are new to them. I just sent them drawings and they made the part.

The greatest satisfaction was hearing how my drawings for a part are better and easier to work with them some Aerospace companies they deal with.... Wink

As long as the TEAM designs it, then its their bot. Even if a advisor helps to prevent them from failing, well....its better to fail and learn then to succeed and not learn anything.

That last part is exactly what i'm talking about!!
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:33 pm

I don't have to prove anything to you...if you think that there is foulplay going on, then YOU prove it. Otherwise you should NOT make acuusations that you can't prove.
Back to top Go down
RemoteContact

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 pm

lol relax. I'm in college so I really dont care thaaaat much about your bots anyways.

I just wanted an open atmosphere where we could sort things out. Good luck at that ransom competiton.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Check out what Josh just put up after 20 minutes in SW...this is the type of knowlege sharing that helps everyone......attention to detail separates the good ones form the not so good.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009   4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 chameleon bots will hit the road in 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2