Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now

Go down 
+15
Stephen
Ryan McKinney
SamM
Josh Raichel
SenaiERI
Don Doerfler
Koolaid64
Frisco
rdubard
rjw
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
Cody
Will Bales
jeeves_m_d
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

we've been sining our gearboxes (custom housings) into the framerails on all our latest bots....using the tierods to fasten them.

we have pretty much gone to dead axles and in some cases with eccentric axles whixh allow for changing/adjusting bot height.

In retrospect, however, even tho our bots were among the lowest on Moto's uneven wooden floor, his wasn't really a big factor...our powered wedges suffered from dragging and actually chewing up the floor, while the wedgelets on our drumbots were to low....we were somewhat overwhelmed and never got around to doing any adjustments....

We did have enough success and failure to know where our strong and weak points lie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6163
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Cody! it's okay! we've got one!
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Some pix from the latest build(its almost done):

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 24172_10

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 24172_11

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 24172_15

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 24172_13

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 24172_14
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6163

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:44 pm

gee.. I really like that "motor in the weapon" idea.. wish I had done that... Smile

those top and bottom plates look thick! 3/16"?
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5928
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 pm

are you going to put the motor back tword the robot? I would think i might get costly keeping it in its current spot
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 am

ya the weapon is in the motor like we have been doing for a while, it really does save us a lot of space and it will be rotated towards the back of the bot. the top/bottom plates are 1/4'' thick. I am 1/2 a pound under weight as is so with some pocketing and switching the top/bottom to something like lexan i could have a nice hobbyweight
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6367
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:54 am

where are the front support posts? as soon as your beater hits anything it'll hit the ground and you'll go flying...
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:12 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Don Doerfler
super contributor
super contributor
Don Doerfler

People Skills : 5637
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:36 pm

LQTM (laugh quietly to myself)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DoerflerRobotics?feature=mhum
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5957

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 am

Just out of curiosity, how is the wiring done on these drum spinners with the motor's spinning inside the drum. Usually I see a hollow shaft where the wires feed into the chassis, but this rod looks solid. How did you guys do it?

IS IT WIRELESS!?!?!?! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 am

We use a keyway because it doubles as a way to keep the motor and shaft from spinning and twisting the wires. but its a much tighter fit than hollow shaft, we had to use teflon wire because it was the only thing thin enough to fit.

Can i ask whats so funny?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6575

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 am

What's so funny is the robot still doesn't have standoffs, and if you tried to drive it now with the weapon on you'd have a robot flying around the room destroying random objects the entire way. And if that didn't do it, the first thing it so much as grazed with the weapon running would make it happen.
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

OOO ok well we are putting standoffs on it just hasnt been done yet. those pix are from monday we wired it up yesterday and assembled the two halves. today is adding the stand offs and pocketing because we magically gained a pound somewhere
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm

jeeves_m_d wrote:
OOO ok well we are putting standoffs on it just hasnt been done yet. those pix are from monday we wired it up yesterday and assembled the two halves. today is adding the stand offs and pocketing because we magically gained a pound somewhere

That's some heavy gauge wire??? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:32 pm

I really dont know what to say, Solidworks told me i was going to be a 1/2 pound under. and when i weighed it before assembly it was like 14.6, but after wiring and assembly it came out to 16.6. Im thinking i was just forgetting a piece before. We switch the aluminum top/bottom plates out to the poly carb and did some pocketing. currently 15.2 and i have big 6'' colson that can have a bite taken out of them. there is one problem, thanks to banebots giving us a deffective ESC that cant be replaced till monday the robot can only drive forwards and turn but not reverse. So we will have that disadvantage but it should be ok aslong as the beater keeps spinning.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Given my (West Mifflin) experience with Banebots ESCs.. they have a tendency to either not connect, or connect without reverse. I have never seen a product so unreliable out-of-the-box...
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm

we hardly ever have any problems with them
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Ralley In the Valley Results:

1st place A boring but sturdy wedge (from plymouth)

2nd PLace THE BULL(Hanover)

3rd place UKNIGHT(titanium knights)

How did LS do? not so well but decent

the wedge son of a brick one its first match against a drum from hanover but ended up forfeiting its next to matches because the banebots ESC's melted in the first match.

LOLCANO went 1-2 first match against a robot called a2v2 which had a bunch of saw blades on it. The match was a 2-hit KO win for us. The second mach was a against a drum/beater called rickshaw, the match started with me breaking his weapon that was held together with bolts in a fashion similar to the bull last year. but thanks to me being a silly goose and forgeting to tighten/ lockitite my bolts i ended unscrewing my own drive shaft and losing both my wheels in a very comical way. third match was against UKNIGHT in which i was tossed around alot and decided to tap after my weapon stopped working. THe out come was that my weapon shaft got completely bent and i ended up leaving a nice gouge in unknight.

Other than replacing the axel the bot is still in working conditions and repairs/modifications will be made shortly

On a side not i did not use standoffs because of weight issues. But based off what happened today i dont think i needed them. i gave several big hits and i never had the beater touch the ground and go flying.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

interesting... I'd like to see a video!
and frisco, that's actually the weekend my girlfriend is coming out to pittsburgh to visit me, so I won't be able to go with you guys. Otherwise, I definitely would!
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:03 pm

here are the videos from rally in the valley

Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 am

looks like you need an idler for your drive belts
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:59 am

those arent belts it was supposed to use, because the bot was so rushed the timing belt i had waas a litlle short so we just thruogh on some poly cord as a quick fix. I've ordered a new belt at the correct length. What u did notice that was my beater took its sweet time getting to speed which is a problem I dont know if i should mess with my ratio because the beater may get to slow, it is currently at 8000 rpm would 4000 be to slow?
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm

i saw that but i figured it was a necessary ratio to fit the motor in the way it was
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:11 pm

your partially right,weapon pulley cannot be altered, but i could turn down the one on the motor i just dont know how small to go.

the setup is axi gold 4130/20

beater is 7'' diameter 1.5'' thick 4 pounds steel. with bronze bushings

the ratio is a 2'' diameter pulley on the motorr, and a 1'' diamter pulley on the weapon

how can i figure out how much smaller to make the pulley before i lose much speed.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:32 pm

hm weird we usually run 3/4 to 1 motor pulley to weapon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Team Update Pages :: Lincoln-Sudbury High School-
Jump to: