Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

SpiderPig Exists!

Go down 
+7
rjw
Dan Curhan
That Guy
Cody
Sean Rubin
Jeff L
Will Bales
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7813
Registration date : 2009-03-16

SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:38 pm

for a box lol the designing is awesome nice job perfect fit!
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7766
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Think it'll have any traction???? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6576
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 pm

rjw wrote:
Think it'll have any traction???? lol
Just a liiiiitle more than normal... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:55 pm

after the competition can you give us an update on the banebot wheels and how they stand up?
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6002

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
after the competition can you give us an update on the banebot wheels and how they stand up?
you mean how they stand up with the vacuum units, or just in general? the answer is yes to either. but for clarification, which do you mean?
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5958
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 am

I'm sorry but am I understanding you correctly in saying that you took your robots as carry-ons on the plane? How the hell did you get past security? They won't let people take tiny scissors on board but you can bring a fighiting robot with wires and batteries and all that? I build robots I can understand how it works but lets face it, TSA agents aren't the smartest people in the world. How would they not see that as a threat?

SenaiERI
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:43 am

Yeah yeah we did haha, security thought they were the coolest things ever haha while the wanded them
We shipped our batteries to our hotel the week before and they were there waiting for us while we did take the drums off and put them in our checked lugage

ANd just how they hold up in general, the thickness worries me a little bit but thats alot of material you can save in your frame, bloomsburg uses them now to but i dont know anyone whose really used them enought to give a good report
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5942

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:14 am

godughifu wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:
you mean how they stand up with the vacuum units, or just in general? the answer is yes to either. but for clarification, which do you mean?

Well, banebot wheels are not made for strength, but for traction. They are very soft and will normally start wearing off just by driving them around. I believe that is what he means. It hapened to mine and Will's robot.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6368

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 pm

don't spin them fast!!
We put one on a duratrax 550 motor (24kRPM @ 12V) and it looked kinda unstable then all of a sudden the tire came unglued, stretched about 8 inches and left a really nice welt on Eddie's wrist that went halfway up his forearm....

scratch

oops.

and he was gonna use them to spin his shell...

not a good idea...

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6576

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:52 pm

I don't think they plan on spinning them super fast... the total stall torque that they gave me for the robot is obscene. Dughi, do you think if you had the vacuum running you could pull a small car?
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

People Skills : 5662
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

What transmissions are those anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.TavaresLabs.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:22 pm

mega banebots lol
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
mega banebots lol

So those are the ones that came from china with steel gears?
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:02 pm

There 15lb gearboxes have the steel gears too
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:11 pm

damn I wish I had found out about those gearboxes before it was too late to get them to me.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

hearing all of these horror stories is really wierd to me, we've never actually had a problem with the gearboxes, just with the motors wiggleing loose on use
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
hearing all of these horror stories is really wierd to me, we've never actually had a problem with the gearboxes, just with the motors wiggleing loose on use

We have a cure for that....
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:11 pm

rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

so do we....
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

so do we....

Ours adds 5 grams to each motor and you can run the motors without screws holding them to the gearbox...
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

so do we....

lots of High Strength Locktite has always been enough of a solution for me to be happy with.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:30 pm

MattTavares wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:
rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

so do we....

lots of High Strength Locktite has always been enough of a solution for me to be happy with.

We've tried better shcs with lock washers, driling the motor cans and rear gb block for 4 screws and so on...

Overtightening distorts the can and things get worse. Plus we use 550 motors which have more power.

The constant back and forth doesn't help things, not to mention hitting the ceiling ....but there are cures.
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm

rjw wrote:
MattTavares wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:
rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

so do we....

We've tried better shcs with lock washers, driling the motor cans and rear gb block for 4 screws and so on...

Overtightening distorts the can and things get worse. Plus we use 550 motors which have more power.

The constant back and forth doesn't help things, not to mention hitting the ceiling ....but there are cures.

Care to share?
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Let's see if Cody wil share his fix...might be easier to implement or better

I will share after we do a bit more testing...if you need to know before nat's...pm me
Back to top Go down
MattTavares
big contributor
big contributor
MattTavares

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:21 pm

hahaha. everyone is so secretive.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:29 pm

MattTavares wrote:
hahaha. everyone is so secretive.

Actually, some use another support to hold the motor, like in Hummdinger 2 and others.

Heres's a pic of H 2

SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 H610

Those motor supports also serve to hekp resist blows to the top and bottom covers.

Sometimes that isn't possible or convenient or can even throw the motor out of alignment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpiderPig Exists!   SpiderPig Exists! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SpiderPig Exists!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next