Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+94
basher bot
socalntma
SHS-Shaun
kpschaney2012
seenyoudie
Badnik96
Joe Doerfler
xpachenkox
Zachary Knight
DiegoH1
juanmoas
armbruster
ShadowClaw07
Robo-Rob
bryube
Toon Raider
Pogocoop
zwtipp05
Teddybot
FingerTech
jrush
TeamVortechs
Luke
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.
Camden W
Riggz
jakerheimer
Koensig
Mobile Alloy Exchange
Evan Steeves
gtPR
Ragnarok
Lokoyo
jolijar
TeamThinkTank
turtle
Ival
kamakazi
keithbot.com
abrown
rickrust
Lambo1
bloop527
Blaze747
tanteno5
AlexH
blackbearrobotics
louisep887
Ryan McKinney
hammertime
AGRobotics2010
jtm94
RC TTwins
Andy
tb1h
WeatherCapitalRobotics
marsh368
SamM
Don Doerfler
Stephen
DxT
Alain
eep!
Frisco
RemoteContact
Whosurdady
thrilkill
colin
Koolaid64
DanielleMarie
rdubard
donsun
Josh Raichel
Will Bales
That Guy
MikeNCR
jip9
jeeves_m_d
Tyler Unger
WeirdAl
silvercuda
SenaiERI
Steven Karacostas
rjw
Andre Handy
Nola
MattTavares
Cody
uiproductions
Ben Bright
Sean Rubin
tbond
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 4936
Registration date : 2011-04-10

Introduce yourself! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Awesome! thanks! hmm..well, my ideas are all based off a full-body spinner, for example wayachi and shrederator are two fearsome bots i aim to not only replicate, but surpass in terms of design and killing power Twisted Evil for now, i have no autocad, solidworks, or other parts design software, but i do have some crude sketches in one of my school notebooks! Ill try to find the cord so i can upload a pic for you.

oh! and for an antweight, i was thinking a combo design between tornado2 and my own addition of chains with heavy hammers on the end... do you think a 1" long, 5/16" inside dia. spring wold work really well for a super lightweight, durable 90 deg. joint to attach the motor to the weapon? unless the motor has more than 5 oz-in of torque, the spring can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7828
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Well this isnt really the place to discuss your designs. When you get a chance go ahead and start a new thread for your bots. Pictures always help everyone out.
I good tool to start off with simple cad is the EMachineShop program.

With antweights, the oz's add add quick so the chain flail weapon isnt going to be bvery effective (actually in any class, I had the same idea when I first started with bots)
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

People Skills : 4796
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello my name is Jose Raul Gonzalez Santos, im from Puerto Rico and im the captain of Team Davincinators and driver of Green Mojito... we got first place at Battlebots BotsIQ 2011... in the High School 15lbs category... also the coolest robot award... happy to join the forum!
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm

sure! where do i post them?
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 pm

i think it would be nice to have a section... where planning on working on more robots so... i think that should be very nice...
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

thanx!
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:36 pm

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL... HOW DO I UPLOAD PHOTOS!?
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 pm

OR U CAN PUT IT LIKE CENTRAL HIGH OF VISUAL ARTS...
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

People Skills : 4840
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: hello   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Hello, I am Luke Yount. I am currently on the Plum Robotics, and this is my first year as a fully active member of the bots team.

I largely helped with the documentation this year for both the Shocker, and Atomic Shock.

I am currently working on designing a 3lb spinner, and hope to have it completed by the end of the summer (Or at least everything but the weapon itself).

Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

People Skills : 4840
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: hello   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Hello Alex
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5944
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm

aim for bot blast, its an awesome event
Back to top Go down
TeamVortechs

People Skills : 4771
Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:02 am

Hi,

I'm Oliver Chen from Team Vortechs Robotics. I recently competed at RoboGames in the 60lb combat division. This is my first year competing and so far it has been amazing. I am currently working on a complete redesign of our Lightweight bot C.E.D. (Cutting Edge Destruction)
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 am

nice to have ya
Feel free to look,around ask questions and tell us about your bot
Back to top Go down
jrush

People Skills : 4758
Registration date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi I'm Justin, I'm a junior at Riverview High School and I was project manager of our Bot 1 this year.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Welcome to the forums person I've never met before and probably never will! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FingerTech

FingerTech

People Skills : 4783
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Kurtis and I own FingerTech Robotics. Alex has invited me to join your forum and hopefully while I'm here I can answer any questions about my products and offer some advice on building in general. I've been building combat bots and organizing the SCRC Kilobots combat events since 2003.

I'm happy to see so many positive comments about FingerTech products. It's truly amazing how far the company has come since I started doing it full time two years ago. And it's entirely due to word-of-mouth, so I thank all you builders!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerTechRobotics.com
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:30 am

Welcome to the most epic forum Evar!! cheers
Back to top Go down
FingerTech

FingerTech

People Skills : 4783
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Alex Udanis wrote:
Hey kurtis welcome and thanks for joining. I just got my order in two days back and wow I'm impressed. Both the motors and speed controller are very impressive and live past expectations. When Kyle said they are 10x better than banebots he was right! Expect another order soon!

Good to hear! Don't forget to post a product review on the website. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to do that!

In fact, if ANYone has used FingerTech products, please just take a quick 2 minutes from your day and let other people know what you think! I'll even make it easy: Products Page

I've had a "reviews=discounts" sale before, and probably will again, if you need some incentive. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerTechRobotics.com
Teddybot

People Skills : 4729
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Hi   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 am

I'm an old school programmer some systems- Apple 2+, C64, PCs and some languages like C, C++, Java, Javascript, HTML (Half Hour To Master Language), some PLC programming (Programmable Logic Controllers)
Now studying some extreme AI algorithms which are able to distinguish images despite there being more pixel combinations than atoms in our universe. Part of the AI industry is finally on the right track. The same AI algorithm can do everything else. See Numenta.com
HTM will be part of future bots but most can't handle the technology right now.
Back to top Go down
zwtipp05

People Skills : 5126
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Hey everyone, I thought I might as well introduce myself though I've been lurking for quite awhile.

My name is Zach. I'm a grad student at Ohio State in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering. I've competed in the past two HORD events in Cleveland and hopefully will be able to make it out to more NERC events and elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Pogocoop

People Skills : 4632
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 am

Hello everyone , The names Pogocoop, everyone calls me Pogo, I am currently a student at Blue Ridge High school, and I'm learning to build Robots. I have been interested in robot building and robot combat for as long as I can remember so I'm super exited about this, Before this class I have built a few robots , but nothing remote controled, and two of them were from kits.But yeah, I will probably needing some help.Anyway, Glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
Toon Raider

People Skills : 4615
Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 am

Hi I am Clive and I live in England.

My family have 1 Heavyweight Robot,100 kilos, "Toon Raider(flipper)"

5 Featherweight Robots,13.6 kilos " Tiny Toon(pusher),44 Toon(pusher),Tiny Hurtz(axe),Stagefright(flipper),The Toonimator(spinning disc)"

Our Team name is Toon Army and my son Alex, aged 11, has won the Featherweight UK Championship with Tiny Toon in 2010, and the Featherweight Annihilator competition in 2009 and 2011.

Hope to have some constructive chats with you all and maybe one day get across the pond and attend one of your competitions.

Clive
Back to top Go down
bryube

People Skills : 4570
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:13 am

Hey Everyone,

My name is Bryan Uber and im president of the DarkSteel Robotics Team.
Currently studying Mechanical Engineering at Cornell University

I've been doing battlebots since 2007. I was project manager/president of the Titanium Knights robotics team from BCA in NJ.

Some of my works are:
120lb: Knightrous and a K2 design
15lb: UKnight and UberCutter
12lb: Cataclysm
1lb: Maelstrom and the currently under construction titanium Maelstrom
Autonomous robot for Boston University Design Challenge

I love machining of all sorts, however I specialize in CNC milling (3,4&5 axis).

I also love the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
Back to top Go down
Robo-Rob

Robo-Rob

People Skills : 4564
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm

My name is Rob Grassi and I'm president of the Winchester Robotics
Team. I'm a senior in high school and from Massachusetts. WinRobotics
has been around for about 6 years, and has competed in both national and
regional BOTSIQ competitions since its creation. I teach our new
members about robotics and also work on designing our new robots. We
hope to bring a strong showing this year with three new 'bots. You can
learn more about what we're up to and what we've done on our
soon-to-be-created team page on this forum. Hope to see everyone in the
battlebox.

-Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next