Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

speed controllers

Go down 
+8
jtm94
gtPR
rjw
rdubard
jeeves_m_d
Cody
Jeff L
crowconor
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6061
Registration date : 2009-04-21

speed controllers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Um I have a different ESC question....

Does anyone remember the blue colored ESC's banebots used to sell, I found Like 6 of them lying around in a drawer at school.

Since they are Discontinued I can't seem to find the Specs online, so i was wondering if anyone new them off the top of their heads or if someone has a print out lying around.

I just need to know what voltage and stall current they are rated for?

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5053
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:12 pm

after having to replace 4 banebot speed controllers last night just to make the robots work im pretty sick of banebots but still dont want to spend over $100 on a speed controller.
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4937
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 pm

I really need to thank everyone that replied to my suggestion of the sabertooth!
i ended up using banebots! and wow i love those things! never gave me any trouble and there are so small!!
the sabertooth would have never fit, also another team from PR ended up using the sabers, and lost mostly because they lost control of there drive. after trying to help them out, i have decided never to use those things again. there are just to complicated, its like they are trying to figure out what to do all the time. very frustrating. and the banebots are simple, they just work.
I would strongly recomend staying away from sabertooths!
Thanks again everyone!!
yey Green Mojito!!!
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:27 pm

I know we didn't do anything wrong because we been running ours for 2 years, and they still died.
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I guess thats possible, but I mean it had been running for so long with out a problem.

ANd after questioning the freshman that reported them dead, they seem to not have anything wrong.

They just quit on us
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 pm

has banebots discontinued thier repair/ replacement service for their ESCs?

I need to replace 4 of them at the moment, but I can't find the right link....
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4937
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 pm

try calling!
last time they were very nice over the phone and very helpfull!
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5942
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

If they still do it, I have about 30 (that's right thirty) of the darn things that need repair.

There are two easy-to-fix things that we have discovered on the 12-45 ESC (check these before sending them off or throwing them out). Old pros prolly already know this, but hey, maybe this will help someone.

broken signal wires--The LED's will work, but never stop blinking and the ESC doesn't respond to signals. They break off right where they connect to the circuit board. Sometimes it's just the red wire which wont matter if you have a second BEC somewhere, but if it stops working, then it's the black or white wire, which you must strip and resolder.

Bind value and/or trim not recognized as zero--like most speed controllers, 12-45s need to receive a 'no go' value on the signal input for a period of time before they arm. Again, the LEDs blink, but it never seems to respond. Connect the buggy ESC to the rudder signal (typically unused and still set at factory zeros on most battlebots), then power up the drive and the transmitter. If this was your problem, then the ESC LEDs should turn solid after the transmitter/receiver linkup and moving the stick left and right should have it work normally now. To fix it, turn off everything, reconnect to the channel you normally used, power up again, then bump the trim from one extreme to the other, waiting a second or two between each click. If you get solid LEDs, then rebind with that trim setting and after rebinding you can restore the trims to the values you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok

Ragnarok

People Skills : 4990
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 am

Have not had any problems with BaneBots speed controllers, the only time I fried 2 of them was when I accidently over amped them BB replaced them at a nominal cost.
Back to top Go down
Mr. P

Mr. P

People Skills : 4951
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I emailed them a couples of days ago. I have one that needs repair and they stated that they do not do the repairs anymore. I am disappointed with this.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7822
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Theres a post on the RFL forum from the guy who fixes robot power esc. He's interested in attempting to fix other esc's too. I mentioned all the 12-45's and this was his reply

Quote :
All I can do is take a look. Bane bots files off their part #'s so it takes time to track them down. BTDT Got the list some where. The real question is why they quit repairing. Could be parts became limited, unavailable or for them it's just not worth it. Also at 57$ The parts alone almost make it not so worth while to fix. Your cost of a new unit is ~65$ tax license shipping blah blah blah out the door. In a repair your want your cost to be worth about no more than half the cost of new. That's hard to do with a small controller. Typical markup up is only 2-3X the mfg cost. So $57/3= ~20$/unit I think I'd offer replacements for cost + 5-10$+shipping.

Things like the BR6000. I've sent back 3. I got a new receiver back each time. Nice note saying thank you and in the nature of good business this one if free. Goes a long way towards good will with the company. OTOH I can't imagine trying to fix one of those in a cost effective way. Guessing the mark up on those is HUGE. Unit cost is may be 5$ to mfg. Tec time to fix one 25$? There's only like 5 parts of which really only 3 could be bad? 1 or 2 radio chips, Micro controller and some passives for filtering. I'm sure 90% of the problems they have is just a bad solder joint and a reflow process would fix it. But if I get it fixed for free why bother?

My cost to fix some thing like that....? parts in may be quantity 10X discount. + shipping + 20-30 min to fix. I might make 10$. Not really worth my time. Not to mention I don't have the code for the CPU's. My guess is they aren't worth my time either. But it may be worth it as a favor for some of my bot buddies.
Yeah
I can do the Robot power stuff because I get full support from Chris and I get parts at his discount when he buys in the 1000's. So he can support his product, I get to support my bot habit and you guys get reasonable cost
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

well that sucks, my teams out $200 if we can't get them replaced
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7822
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 am

Looks like you out of luck jeeves. After thinking about what he has said about trying to fix them, it makes sense for banebots to stop offering repairs for them.
It was probably costing nearly as much if not more to repair them as it does to manufacture them.
It all comes down to a business decession.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speed controllers   speed controllers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speed controllers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2