Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+94
basher bot
socalntma
SHS-Shaun
kpschaney2012
seenyoudie
Badnik96
Joe Doerfler
xpachenkox
Zachary Knight
DiegoH1
juanmoas
armbruster
ShadowClaw07
Robo-Rob
bryube
Toon Raider
Pogocoop
zwtipp05
Teddybot
FingerTech
jrush
TeamVortechs
Luke
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.
Camden W
Riggz
jakerheimer
Koensig
Mobile Alloy Exchange
Evan Steeves
gtPR
Ragnarok
Lokoyo
jolijar
TeamThinkTank
turtle
Ival
kamakazi
keithbot.com
abrown
rickrust
Lambo1
bloop527
Blaze747
tanteno5
AlexH
blackbearrobotics
louisep887
Ryan McKinney
hammertime
AGRobotics2010
jtm94
RC TTwins
Andy
tb1h
WeatherCapitalRobotics
marsh368
SamM
Don Doerfler
Stephen
DxT
Alain
eep!
Frisco
RemoteContact
Whosurdady
thrilkill
colin
Koolaid64
DanielleMarie
rdubard
donsun
Josh Raichel
Will Bales
That Guy
MikeNCR
jip9
jeeves_m_d
Tyler Unger
WeirdAl
silvercuda
SenaiERI
Steven Karacostas
rjw
Andre Handy
Nola
MattTavares
Cody
uiproductions
Ben Bright
Sean Rubin
tbond
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Introduce yourself! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Bryan and Rob, nice to see some more veterans join

Brian its nice to see one of the TK's on here. Bergen had a team page on here for over two years but nobody from their so it was lost in part of a clean up a few months ago
Back to top Go down
FingerTech

FingerTech

People Skills : 4767
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi Rob,
I own FingerTech Robotics and have been interested in helping BOTSIQ but have always had trouble finding information. Perhaps with your experience I can finally get something going. Can I send you an email to continue this without cluttering the introductions thread?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerTechRobotics.com
ShadowClaw07

People Skills : 4546
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 am

...I'm ShadowClaw. I'm a gamer and enjoy all kinds of technical fun (everything from programs to hacks). Pleased to meet you...
Back to top Go down
armbruster

People Skills : 4526
Registration date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi! im Eric Armbruster From Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
i just enrolled into a class which the final project is to design and build a batllebot and im looking forward to it. I hope to learn from this forum and share my progress. i can also share some vids of the competitions made each trimester with the bots made by the ME department. its a 15 lb. category.
Back to top Go down
juanmoas

People Skills : 4412
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 pm

I'M Juan Moas. Senior at Cristopher Columbus High School. Built Three battlebots. Rotary Club, Four aces and working on Rotary ClubII.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5932
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm

juanmoas wrote:
I'M Juan Moas. Senior at Cristopher Columbus High School. .

In Miami?
Back to top Go down
DiegoH1

People Skills : 4394
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 am

I'm Diego Horna, and am part of the TeamJag at Miami Lakes Educational Center. I'm a current Junior, and am part of the Sting WMD team. Also, building a three pounder with two teammates to hopefully be ready for the 2012 STEM Tech Olympiad. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zachary Knight

Zachary Knight

People Skills : 4421
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi im Zack Im a freshman at Plum Sr. High(pa) and idk what to say but the fact that i love bots iq and my bro got me interested in this Plum has an undefeated robot this year going through prelims and regionals for SWPA and looking forward to going to nationals and see what we can do hopefully we can do a repeat of Still N' Shock and try to bring another national title to PHS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://plumhighrobotics.webs.com/
jtm94
great contributor
great contributor
jtm94

People Skills : 5379
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I hope the NRL is live again this year.
I hope to see a lot of good Plum matches there.
Back to top Go down
xpachenkox

People Skills : 4418
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey im stephen and im a junior at southfayette. this is my second year doing bots for my school, but i have made an antweight and i build and fly rc planes. So i have a lot of experience with electronics and im the best person on my team with Inventor.
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

People Skills : 4824
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

xpachenkox wrote:
Hey im stephen and im a junior at southfayette. this is my second year doing bots for my school, but i have made an antweight and i build and fly rc planes. So i have a lot of experience with electronics and im the best person on my team with Inventor.

Nice to see that you have joined the forums, any pictures of your antweight?
Back to top Go down
Joe Doerfler

People Skills : 4348
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi my name is Joe Doerfler, I will be a freshman at plum senior high school next year and on the plum robotics team. I am currently working on a beetle weight, I will have photos up when it is done.

Back to top Go down
Badnik96

Badnik96

People Skills : 4298
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:02 am

Hey,

I've posted here before but wanted to introduce myself. I'm Badnik and I've been obsessed with robots since I was four. Me and my dad have just started building an antweight robot, and once we get it off the ground I'll start posting pics.
Back to top Go down
http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/BattleBots_Wiki-Main_Page
Badnik96

Badnik96

People Skills : 4298
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

East coast, so stuff like Motorama and NERC. It would help if I didn't live eight hours from any event XD
Back to top Go down
http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/BattleBots_Wiki-Main_Page
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 4920
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 am

Hey, I live 17 hours' drive from the nearest event Razz
Back to top Go down
SamM
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5384
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Crouton,

Welcome to the forum! One of the best things that you can do when you're starting out is to go to a competition, and just watch and talk to other builders. It's really nice to see the robots in person and talk to their builders about how they work.

I'm not sure how close you are to Atlanta, but there will be a competition at the Atlanta Mini Maker Faire, Oct 6 for robots up to 3lbs, and I believe some larger ones will be on display.
http://makerfaireatl.com/

There's also a combat event at DragonCon, but that just passed a couple of weeks ago.

The best high school league is the National Robotics League:
http://gonrl.org/
They have regionals in Pennsylvania among other places. We're also trying to create a new regional in Tampa this coming February. The national competition will be in Indianapolis in May. The NRL weight limit is 15 lbs.

The Battlebots company itself has declined somewhat in recent years. But, I believe they will be holding 15lb events in Miami in February and April.

If you're looking into the bigger robots, the only competitions in the US are those hosted by Combots: Robogames and The Combots Cup:
www.robogames.net
www.combots.net
But they're out in San Francisco.
Back to top Go down
seenyoudie

seenyoudie

People Skills : 4225
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Hey Everyone   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Im seenyoudie. Ive been in SWPA Bots IQ for the past three years with this being my fourth year, and obviously im now a senior. Just finally got around to joining the forum. So looking forward to exchanging ideas and helping others.
Back to top Go down
Joe Doerfler

People Skills : 4348
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm

What school do u go to
Back to top Go down
seenyoudie

seenyoudie

People Skills : 4225
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Where I am from.   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Didnt think to include my school. I am from South Park High School
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

seenyoudie wrote:
Didnt think to include my school. I am from South Park High School
Nice to see more people join the forum, and at some point in 1-2 weeks Plum most likely shall have a post regarding their progress this year.
Back to top Go down
kpschaney2012

People Skills : 4236
Registration date : 2012-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 pm

well hello! my name is Kevin and i have 0 experience with robots. i have built 2 RC cars and designed the basics of a battle robot but have not had the time to build one yet. when i do get started im sure i will have a ton of questions so heads up haha! thanks for your (future) time all!
Back to top Go down
SHS-Shaun

People Skills : 4160
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Introduction   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

Hello there! I'm Shaun and I am the current captain of the Battlebots program at Saegertown High School. I've been snooping/browsing these forums for almost two years now, getting some ideas and some research on different things, mostly motors. Over the past three years we have had our ups and downs with different designs, with last year being our best so far. We compete locally in the Meadville Robobots competition which we took coolest bot and best sportsmanship last year, could have possibly done much better but we found a few design flaws and it was really too late to change, so we ran with it. Sometime soon I'll be uploading some of last years pictures and hopefully getting some CAD designs up that I've done. Anything else you all feel I should add let me know Razz
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

SHS-Shaun wrote:
Hello there! I'm Shaun and I am the current captain of the Battlebots program at Saegertown High School. I've been snooping/browsing these forums for almost two years now, getting some ideas and some research on different things, mostly motors. Over the past three years we have had our ups and downs with different designs, with last year being our best so far. We compete locally in the Meadville Robobots competition which we took coolest bot and best sportsmanship last year, could have possibly done much better but we found a few design flaws and it was really too late to change, so we ran with it. Sometime soon I'll be uploading some of last years pictures and hopefully getting some CAD designs up that I've done. Anything else you all feel I should add let me know Razz

Know if you'll be at NRL nationals this year?
Back to top Go down
SHS-Shaun

People Skills : 4160
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

Luke wrote:
SHS-Shaun wrote:

Know if you'll be at NRL nationals this year?

All depends on how we do at our regional, but hopefully! Many weeks spent on engineering and designing and I just started assembling my bot. The juniors are deciding if they want to rebuild an older robot but they haven't any final word yet. Hope to see you there if we go!
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

SHS-Shaun wrote:

All depends on how we do at our regional, but hopefully! Many weeks spent on engineering and designing and I just started assembling my bot. The juniors are deciding if they want to rebuild an older robot but they haven't any final word yet. Hope to see you there if we go!

Hope to see you there as well, (depending on if my team is able to go as well)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next