Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+94
basher bot
socalntma
SHS-Shaun
kpschaney2012
seenyoudie
Badnik96
Joe Doerfler
xpachenkox
Zachary Knight
DiegoH1
juanmoas
armbruster
ShadowClaw07
Robo-Rob
bryube
Toon Raider
Pogocoop
zwtipp05
Teddybot
FingerTech
jrush
TeamVortechs
Luke
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.
Camden W
Riggz
jakerheimer
Koensig
Mobile Alloy Exchange
Evan Steeves
gtPR
Ragnarok
Lokoyo
jolijar
TeamThinkTank
turtle
Ival
kamakazi
keithbot.com
abrown
rickrust
Lambo1
bloop527
Blaze747
tanteno5
AlexH
blackbearrobotics
louisep887
Ryan McKinney
hammertime
AGRobotics2010
jtm94
RC TTwins
Andy
tb1h
WeatherCapitalRobotics
marsh368
SamM
Don Doerfler
Stephen
DxT
Alain
eep!
Frisco
RemoteContact
Whosurdady
thrilkill
colin
Koolaid64
DanielleMarie
rdubard
donsun
Josh Raichel
Will Bales
That Guy
MikeNCR
jip9
jeeves_m_d
Tyler Unger
WeirdAl
silvercuda
SenaiERI
Steven Karacostas
rjw
Andre Handy
Nola
MattTavares
Cody
uiproductions
Ben Bright
Sean Rubin
tbond
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5631
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Introduce yourself! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm

hey whats up im stephen and i go to west mifflin high school
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
Don Doerfler
super contributor
super contributor
Don Doerfler

People Skills : 5653
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I go to plum senior high school
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DoerflerRobotics?feature=mhum
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7781
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Don D wrote:
I go to plum senior high school

Cool...welcome to the forum..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7828
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:43 am

if you couldnt tell from his post, he doesnt talk much
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6383
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am

haha welcome. I suppose we'll all feel honored when you choose to talk? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
SamM
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5400
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Hello all,
I am Sam McAmis, and have been browsing this forum for a while now and figure that I should actually introduce myself.

I am currently a student at the University of South Florida dual majoring in Physics and Mechanical Engineering. I've had experience in high school and am still active with the FIRST robotics competition. I'm the primary builder of the beetle RamVac, and am working on a 220 Lifter/Ram-Wedge. I am also involved in RIG at USF.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum

We must have met at Robot Marketplace .....

Richard
Back to top Go down
SamM
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 am

Yes, we were at RMP in January.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 am

SamM wrote:
Yes, we were at RMP in January.

we fought...Sting vs RamVac

There seemed to be a lot of melted plastic in the arena later that day....yours?

If so, any pics?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 pm

sam,

thanks for introducing yourself! I'm glad you found your way here. I really liked the floating wedge on RamVac at GCRS4. Do you know Eddie Burgess? He's a good friend of mine.
Back to top Go down
SamM
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Richard,
I may have contributed to the mess, you took a few good gouges out of the polycarb, i'll see if i can take some pics.

Dan,
Yeah, I know Eddie, he's said a lot of good things about you and your dad.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

SamM wrote:
Richard,
I may have contributed to the mess, you took a few good gouges out of the polycarb, i'll see if i can take some pics.

Dan,
Yeah, I know Eddie, he's said a lot of good things about you and your dad.

I was a bit curious, cause Sting's drum wasn;t getting a good bite at all and I was wondering if it was basically milling the polycarb or if the drum was just spinning too fast and grinding or both ???

Later that day, when placing the bot in the arena, I noticed some chunks of melted plastic and was wondering????

Thanks
Back to top Go down
marsh368

marsh368

People Skills : 5412
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey all...

This is a great forum that has actually provided a number of interesting tips for my teams. I'm the instructor / advisor of Malicious Intent Robotics. We have fielded multiple teams in the past and have been very competitive since the first days of the BattleBots IQ movement in 2001.

Many of you might recognize our robots from past events:
Axis - 120lbs
X - 120lbs (second version of Axis, but totally different design) Most Aggressive robot award 2003
Chrome Dome - 120lbs Full Body spinner. (the only robot in our fleet without an "X" in it)

Vertex - 15lbs vertical spinner 2nd place 2006 4th, Place 2007
Xyus - 15lbs full body spinner "Best Engineered" 2007
Maximum Impact - 15lbs Drum spinner Second place 2005, Champion 2006, 2007, Coolest Robot 2005
Executor - 15lbs - "Big" Drum spinner Champion 2009, Best Engineered 2008
Exterminator - 15lbs - Dual Vertical Blade spinner Third place 2009
Son of X - 15lbs. - Horizontal Spinner - Third place 2006
Axiom - 15lbs - Under cutter spinner

All of our robots are designed and manufactured in our small public high school. We graduate about 100 kids a year. We have never competed with the "same" robot in more than one year. Every year they are re-engineered and re-manufactured from the ground up. It's amazing how much better the robots get when they are evaluated and improved for the next year. We do not have an origination that we can compete at each year so we do a lot of traveling...

Kirk Marshall
Bloomsburg Area High School
www.mirobotics.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.mirobotics.com
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5944
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 pm

nice to meet you, and nice bots
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:13 pm

I know your bots pretty well, and I've always looked up to them as kind of "setting the bar" for our fifteen pounders (which we've kind of failed at...). I'm glad you've found this forum, and I look forward to your future contributions!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5730
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Marshall,

Glad to see you and the team visit here...

I haven heard from you guys since last year and was hoping to run into you at Moto..

Send me some Pm or emails and let me know what has been on the drawing boards out there at Bloom..

BTW... Loved the intro !!!

Frisco
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5948
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 am

I second Dan's sentiments, Marshall. It is an honor to have your voice amongst us on this forum.

The work that comes out of Bloomsberg is consistently of the highest quality, with the unfortunate side effect that your robots are almost always 'the ones to beat.' I think this sometimes causes unkind (and misinformed) talk. I think that this is a place we can clear up misconceptions and share exciting ideas.

I look forward to your contributions.

BTW--are you thinking of coming to Miami for BBIQ?
Back to top Go down
marsh368

marsh368

People Skills : 5412
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

We were planning to go to the BotsIQ Nationals when they originally announced the event. But it seems if you are not in the loop, you don't get any information other than what they put up on the BotsIQ website.

When they decided to relocate the event AND change the date to less then 6 week prior to the event, it took us out of the game. We have to have school board approval for all out of state trips. Which means we submit a proposal for the trip, it goes to a work session... once a month. Then if there are NOT any concerns, it is put on the agenda to be voted on at the official board meeting- again, once a month.

Nothing can be reserved, purchased or held until that vote happens. And that meeting would have been three days before the event. And that will also be the case for 80% of the teams. I can't understand what was going through their minds when they made the knee jerk reaction of scheduling it with no lead time at all.

I hate to miss the event, but our hands are tied. You're going to have a national event with most likely 30 total robots in all of the divisions combined... Just call it a regional event and try again next year. I mean you have 3 teams from outside Miami.. Only one if you don't count the middle weights which most likely wont happen... only four MW robots total...

Wish it could have been different... but the May event is going to BOMB too if they don't get their cramp together and post a date, time, location and get teams registered. Who wants to do anything until an official notification goes up...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mirobotics.com
Will Bales
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
Will Bales

People Skills : 6179
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Glad to see you here!! too bad to hear that you guys aren't coming down to break all our toys.
Back to top Go down
WeatherCapitalRobotics

People Skills : 5165
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Weather Capital Robotics   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm Mark Huey president of Weather Capital Robotics in Punxsutawney, pa. This is our second year in Bots iq PA. Our Robot is called the Stone Hog Crusher and we hope to do massive damage at our competition on April 16 and 17.
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:20 pm

sounds good! welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tb1h

tb1h

People Skills : 5149
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: whats up   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 am

Hi i am Brad from center area high school just thought i would introduce myself but i don't have anything to say lol
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:18 pm

fair enough :]
where is center area hs? just keep in mind there are people from all over the country here.
Back to top Go down
tb1h

tb1h

People Skills : 5149
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 pm

its in Pennsylvania about an hour away from pittsburg
Back to top Go down
Andy

Andy

People Skills : 5172
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey everyone I'm Andy and I'm the team captain of south park highschools bots iq team in Pittsburgh PA. And no We aren't like the tv show south park lol. I started bots in our school and was team captain since freshman year. We've had a hammer bot all 3 years and now for my senior year( as much as I hate jumping on the bandwagon) we want to make a beater or drum for next years competition. A little bt of my background, I have a good sense of humor, like all kinds of music, and moonlit walks on the beach hahaha jk jk. I am currently an engineers aid at the centers for disease control/ Pittsburgh research laboratory and after college I want to be a mechanical engineer.

By the way, it's awesome how helpful everyone on this forum is, I've been a member for 3 days and I already learned so much. Thanks for the help guys and keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next