Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Bots IQ results and video

Go down 
+4
marsh368
Cody
Jeff L
rjw
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4927
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks rjw!!
Green Mojito had a great first showing!
and best of all the kids had a great time.
Although i would never say it was easy, the day before leaving our weapon motor went up in smoke!! caused by a failed bushing. Thankfully we have some friends in Miami (Mike and Andrea) who helped us out a whole lot!! really if it wasnt for them we would not have made it! plus the team working with hand tools in the hotel room to get everything working just right!

I really appreciate all the help we recieved. I would like to think that our win came from good construction and great driving.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5932
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Blue Flame is Victor Soto's bot. It is also VERY nicely done. A really beautiful job. It beat the crap out of Blender, (probably the best match of the event) but then it's weapon broke against Witch Doctor, so it tapped out. Up to that time it was really kicking bot.

On another note, I am really proud of our 120lb teams and robots this year. First place, Second Place, Best Engineered, Coolest robot, and the team as a whole earned the Best Sportsmanship prize.

Cholo hits like, well, a cholo. I really like that robot.

Fluffy deLarge is astoundingly powerful. It RIPPED THE LID off of Olathe's Shrapnel. I will try to find video in the next week. It also caused the rebuild of Nola's old Buddy Lee to do an aerial 360. Never seen that in a 120 before, and it's a long robot.

The big arena saw a lot of great hits. I am so glad I was there to see it all. A really great show. I think a lot of people stepped it up a notch to compete with Witch Doctor after last year.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

gtPR wrote:
Thanks rjw!!
Green Mojito had a great first showing!
and best of all the kids had a great time.
Although i would never say it was easy, the day before leaving our weapon motor went up in smoke!! caused by a failed bushing. Thankfully we have some friends in Miami (Mike and Andrea) who helped us out a whole lot!! really if it wasnt for them we would not have made it! plus the team working with hand tools in the hotel room to get everything working just right!

I really appreciate all the help we recieved. I would like to think that our win came from good construction and great driving.

Thanks again!

Good construction and great driving along with a great support group as well.

You guys deserved the win, that's for sure.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 am

Buddy Lee does a complete backflip at 0:05. Fluffy De Large's 55lb, 24inch wide drum, driven by about 20horses does the job.

here.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 am

Not amazing, but still a good hit in here. Also, good driving by Cholo (putting the steel backside onto Choo Choo Bacca while the drum spins up). Sorry for the poor quality--the good Lexan was on the audience side of the arena.

Afterwards, we discovered that last good hit bent the tubular Chromoly weapon axle of Cholo. We switched it out (after a LOT of hammering) for the solid axle and everything was fine.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 am

1st Green Mohito from Puerto Rico

MLEC took 2nd and 4th

Don 't remember who took 3rd
Back to top Go down
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

JoseRaul.GreenMojito.

People Skills : 4780
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

pandoras bot got 3rd place...
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 am

My favorite El Cholo battle, full video from start to finish.El Cholo vs. Diesel (Olathe, Kansas) The way Cholo just keeps hitting Diesel, never letting up for Diesel to get a good shot in impressed me. Cholo did take some damage--several deep gouges in the steel drum, and some on the Aluminum uprights, but still a pretty decisive win.

However, it also shows one of our absolute worst moments--Diesel had tapped out, but the rookie Cholo driver didn't hear it and hit him again. Lotsa damage that did not have to happen, and it made us look like really bad sports. Ransom got Olathe a new Lexan top and paid someone to re-weld their frame, but the guys from Kansas got no sleep that night and Diesel never really ran that well again.

I know it was an accident, but I still feel pretty bad about that.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Did the arena have a tapout button?
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes. the arena did. If you listen closely to the youtube video I posted, you can just hear the buzzer, then more clearly "tap out." Then, lamentably, Cholo hits Diesel and the announcer says very clearly "TAP OUT" and after a few seconds "cheap shot." which is undeniably true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bots IQ results and video   Bots IQ results and video - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bots IQ results and video
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2