Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Scorpion XL Speed Controller

Go down 
+3
Frisco
rdubard
**Cochranton Robotics**
7 posters
AuthorMessage
**Cochranton Robotics**

People Skills : 4595
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Scorpion XL Speed Controller Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 pm

We have always used Scorpion XL Speed Controllers from robotmarketplace.com when estimating our total bot cost we came across a little problem.... they are backordered. Does anyone use these speed controllers and knows where we can order them from?

Your responses are greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5933
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Some bad mojo is afoot for the small bots--first Banebots ESC's became unavailable, and now this? What's going on, and what's to become of us?

I know that sounds dramatic (and it's kinda a joke), but really, without those two options, it might be kinda tricky to wire up new 15lb bots. Time to turn to china, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5715
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Power has them... They just sent ours back last month...

FRISCO

Last edited by Frisco on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7813
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 am

rdubard wrote:
Some bad mojo is afoot for the small bots--first Banebots ESC's became unavailable, and now this? What's going on, and what's to become of us?

I know that sounds dramatic (and it's kinda a joke), but really, without those two options, it might be kinda tricky to wire up new 15lb bots. Time to turn to china, I guess.

Are the 12-45 unavailable from banebots?
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok

Ragnarok

People Skills : 4981
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 am

They still appear to be available cody. I was looking at them yesterday on the website with nothing showing backordered status or anything
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7813
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:57 am

I went and checked to but bane bots doesn't always disclaim stuff like that so I thought Id ask
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4928
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

BaneBots say they are having a parts problem for both of their ESCs.

I really needed 3-9's but was forced to buy Scorpion mini V2.4s, 16 of them...

Just recieved them and started to test them out... and.. can't get them to work!!

this is extremely frustrating!

I'm going to give Robot Power a call, just hope their tech support is better than their ESCs Razz
Back to top Go down
Koensig

People Skills : 4905
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Really? I have had great experiences with Robot Power and terrible with banebots. interesting.
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4928
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm

sooo....

I tested all 16 esc's and only 2 ended up working, I gave robot power a call and after about 10 calls later i decided to send all of the escs back, plus 2 motors and my Tx/Rx (hobbyking)

I just recieved an email that they finished checking my escs and it turns out there was a software calibration problem that has been fixed, +5 of the escs had bad power chips, all the escs are going to get updated and the 5 with the power chip problem replaced.

I must say that although i had to go through all this trouble, Robot Power has very friendly service and seemed that they honestly want to solve any issues with thier products.

Still waiting to have them sent back, I hope it all works out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion XL Speed Controller   Scorpion XL Speed Controller I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpion XL Speed Controller
Page 1 of 1