Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

2013 Event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dcalkins

People Skills : 4872
Registration date : 2011-01-06

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:20 am

If Bots IQ or the STEM TECH Olympiad isn't happening in Florida this year, please join us for RoboGames - April 19-21st. 120's are pretty much the same rules. We do of course, have many other classes:

http://robogames.net/events
Back to top Go down
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm

I REALLY REALLY wish I could go, but I've also got a team going to VEX Worlds, which is in Anaheim the SAME WEEKEND!! Crying or Very sad

At first I was hoping I could take one group to Robogames and have someone else chaperone the VEX team, but then the school said, essentially, "are you nuts?" Also, the Seniors (who are the default 120 builders at our school) realized that PROM IS ALSO THE SAME WEEKEND. So they decided not to build one.

Sigh.

Back to top Go down
marsh368

marsh368

People Skills : 5389
Registration date : 2009-09-09

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm

We are planning on having a tournament for the mini robots on 4/27/13 up in Bloomsburg, PA. Any and all teams in FL are more than welcome to join the northern schools in a day of robot combat.

The arena will be similar to the octagon that was at the 2007 event... But this arena will be larger and decked out with some surprises :-)

Feel free to contact me for more information... or please past the word to others in your area... The formal announcement will occur soon...

Kirk Marshall

Bloomsburg Area High School
Back to top Go down
http://www.mirobotics.com
rdubard
mega contributor
mega contributor

People Skills : 5925
Registration date : 2009-06-10

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Nola is working against you (again, but unintentionally as far as I know)--The weekend of April 27 is the 'big' event down here. It's just 15's and 3's, plus some VEX based thing she's cooking up. Also maybe LEGO and a basswood bridge competition, but we'll see. .

Anyway, I think it would be a lot more interesting to go to your event, but so much cheaper to do the local one that it's really not any question. Also, I will probably have to help with the VEX arena and the bridge competition.

I KNOW you will put on a great event, Mr. Marshall--I still tell my students stories of the great bots 'up north,' and how they would occasionally come down here to show us how it's done.

Sorry we will not make your event (or Robogames.)

Maybe next year??
Back to top Go down
marsh368

marsh368

People Skills : 5389
Registration date : 2009-09-09

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 am

Since the robotic events down in Florida aren't really published up here in any format, we selected a date that was best for the programs that already exist up in this neck of the woods. Unfortunately, it appears there will be a conflict in this year's event on April 27th 2013.

We will be hosting this event on an annual basis. Most likely, we will be having two events per year at different locations in the Northeastern US. Hopefully the first event will set the bar high enough for all future events.

Thanks for the replying and hopefully things are going well down South Very Happy

Kirk Marshall
Back to top Go down
http://www.mirobotics.com
eToroBoT

eToroBoT

People Skills : 4060
Registration date : 2013-03-10

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: cant come unfortunately   2013 Event I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:44 am

I would LOVE to come
But its 27th Sad
Im coming to Orlando for easter holiday and leaving on the 5th Sad
Best of luck though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Event   2013 Event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Event
Page 1 of 1