Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+94
basher bot
socalntma
SHS-Shaun
kpschaney2012
seenyoudie
Badnik96
Joe Doerfler
xpachenkox
Zachary Knight
DiegoH1
juanmoas
armbruster
ShadowClaw07
Robo-Rob
bryube
Toon Raider
Pogocoop
zwtipp05
Teddybot
FingerTech
jrush
TeamVortechs
Luke
JoseRaul.GreenMojito.
Camden W
Riggz
jakerheimer
Koensig
Mobile Alloy Exchange
Evan Steeves
gtPR
Ragnarok
Lokoyo
jolijar
TeamThinkTank
turtle
Ival
kamakazi
keithbot.com
abrown
rickrust
Lambo1
bloop527
Blaze747
tanteno5
AlexH
blackbearrobotics
louisep887
Ryan McKinney
hammertime
AGRobotics2010
jtm94
RC TTwins
Andy
tb1h
WeatherCapitalRobotics
marsh368
SamM
Don Doerfler
Stephen
DxT
Alain
eep!
Frisco
RemoteContact
Whosurdady
thrilkill
colin
Koolaid64
DanielleMarie
rdubard
donsun
Josh Raichel
Will Bales
That Guy
MikeNCR
jip9
jeeves_m_d
Tyler Unger
WeirdAl
silvercuda
SenaiERI
Steven Karacostas
rjw
Andre Handy
Nola
MattTavares
Cody
uiproductions
Ben Bright
Sean Rubin
tbond
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Introduce yourself! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:14 pm

pretty cool. I'm in my 5 semester and am won't be done with ALL of my prereqs. till after next semester. I went a similar route and went to a PSU branch campus for my first 2 years to try to save some money (good joke) and I'm at main campus now. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Lokoyo

People Skills : 4916
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:12 am

Hola, mi nombre es Win. 我的名字是 Win. In other words, my name is Win. Just wanted to introduce myself, although a few of you may already know me. I'm a member of the RE Robotics and Engineering Team. Currently the Q

P.S. - Brad, you may want to contact That Guy aka Matt as he is also in Pasadena and has experience in Battlebots (RE robotics team's President last year) Forum Name: That Guy
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:45 am

Hey Win, its about time you got on here
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm

turtle i missed your introduction, thanks for the commitment of posting more then once haha

Hanovers the home of the bull right?
Back to top Go down
Ragnarok

Ragnarok

People Skills : 4980
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Hello   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Well as I have been a member of the forum now for like a month or two, I felt it time to introduce myself. I am one of the faculty advisors for the Sto-Rox HS team. Thanks to the faculty advisor from West Mifflin for putting this site into our hands.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please encourage your kids to join too
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4927
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello!

My name is Gregg, I am from Puerto Rico. I was part of the team "Metal Twisters" from the Politechnic University of PR. The last robot from our team was "Rhino" in the 120# class. Although I have never been able to make it to the competitions in Maimi.

There is a new group from said University as the old group has pretty much graduated although, most are still helping as mentors. I am also mentoring this group and also started a new one from a High School. My main focus is on the High School group called the "Davincinators". The High School is specialized in Art, so most of the kids are complete newbies. I am also somewhat of a newbie compared to what I have seen from the last competitions (15#) and from what i have read on this forum. You guys are awesome!

Well any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated! and I hope to see you all for the next competitions in Feb. in Miami!!!

Gracias!
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7765
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 am

Hi Gregg and welcome to the forum....!!!

I'm sure that you can find some help from some of the forum members, when needed

Good luck with it and hope to see you in Miami soon !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Frisco
super contributor
super contributor

People Skills : 5714
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Will Sto Rox be competing at Motorama?????

Get some driving time in...

FRISCO
Back to top Go down
gtPR

gtPR

People Skills : 4927
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Thank you very much RJW!

I am looking forward to Miami and so is the team! we are super pumped!

Right now we are about to begin construction and we are getting everything ready, if I were to have questions would it be wrong of me to post them here? or should i start a new thread?
Actually i think i will just start a new thread, don't want to mess this one up getting off topic hehehe.

This is going to be a great experience for us, I hope I can bring more high schools from PR for future events!
thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Evan Steeves
great contributor
great contributor

People Skills : 5119
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey everyone Im evan I work at the hobbymarketplace repairing rc cars and random odds and ends.

I always liked battlebots but now I have a source for parts close by ( like 30 feet lol ) so I will need help getting my robot wrecked by some of you at gcrs or another comp
Back to top Go down
Mobile Alloy Exchange

Mobile Alloy Exchange

People Skills : 4813
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Introduction   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:43 am

Hi everyone, I'm Bob. I'm from central North Carolina and found your site by searching for a BB chat room. I am 45 and own a metals distribution business. We typically sell Aluminum, Carbon, and Stainless with a little bit of brass thrown in there to round things out.

What brought me here is that I also have a scrap yard and a guy just brought in about 1200 lbs
of GR5 Titanium and I was planning to ship it out to the smelter on Monday when it occured to me that one of you guys might be interested in buying this stuff at the scrap pricing level.

People bringing stuff like this in is not an everyday occurence so I wont be posting materials all the time, just when something really special comes through, providing that it in no way offends anyone's senses. If anyone has questions about different metals, I can do my best to answer but I don't even pretend to be an engineer or metalurgist. I'm just a guy that has been in the metal biz for 20 years and knows a lot (not even close to all) about metals.

If you'd like more info, check out mymetalquote.com
Thanks, Bob
Back to top Go down
Koensig

People Skills : 4904
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello, my name is Scott Johnston. It's good to be able to communicate with others who do Battlebots

I'm a junior at Decatur High School in Federal Way, WA and I've been building battlebots since fall of 2009 when I built my first robot for Western Allied Robotics' Robothon 2009 in Seattle, WA.

So far I've built 3 bots and am basically finished with my 4th. All of them are beetleweight wedges.

Back to top Go down
jakerheimer

jakerheimer

Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Hello !!! my name is Jake Reinheimer and i attend west mifflin high school and am one of the two team captains in the robotics club ... i helped design and build one of our new bots (Under-U) Which is a disk undercutter similar to the bot (Scurrie) and i will be driving it at the finals at Westmoreland CC

Dan Curhan wrote:
I kind of re-made this thread as a sticky... so it stays near the top of the page, and looks different.. i hope. Razz

For everyone who has already introduced themselves, you don't need to. For everyone else, please do.
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5615
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

was up buddy u need to get a pick like mine or something
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
jakerheimer

jakerheimer

Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:32 pm

haha if i knew how i would

Stephen wrote:
was up buddy u need to get a pick like mine or something
Back to top Go down
SenaiERI
mega contributor
mega contributor
SenaiERI

People Skills : 5957
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Mobile Alloy Exchange wrote:
1200 lbs of GR5 Titanium

TITANIUM!?!? TITANIUM!!!!!! I LOOOOOVES TITANIUM! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

Man I wish I had money left over from the competition.
And now I'm sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SenaiEngineering.om
Riggz

Riggz

People Skills : 4809
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi I'm Tyler from the South Park Iron Eagles (underclassmen team)
It is my first year in the battle bots club for my school. We designed a full body spinner bot called Kasirga. At cal u we won our first to bouts and i can't wait til the finals! I must say this stuff is adicting!
Back to top Go down
Riggz

Riggz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey Alex thanks for all the help at cal u!
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Alex wrote:
Hope I wasn't too much of a pain

Lies you could care less

Welcome to the forum
Its very addicting. If you stick around here you'll probably never get away from it haha
Back to top Go down
Riggz

Riggz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm

No pain at all haha we actually got our weapon motor working again and were coming to the final with wat we hope will be better armour and weapons
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Any chance you could post a picture of your bot?
Back to top Go down
Riggz

Riggz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

not with the new stuff on it yet :/
still bein fixed up for finals so it has not been finally assembled but it wont rly look that different from the one in my profile pic
Back to top Go down
Camden W
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 4920
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:55 am

Hi! I'm Camden, 16, from MN. and i happened to stumble on this forum. I'm already addicted to it drunken basically, i LOVE battlebots, but i have no experience building or programming them, or even touching materials they're made of Crying or Very sad

but i do have driving experience with my 1/16 slash VXL (similar enough, right? Neutral ) anyway, i was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips on how to get started with a battlebot?

i have a very poor sketch of a bot with two blades and chains, idk what weight category i could fit it in, but i'm really interested in the cheapest weight class Rolling Eyes that still has a very powerful weapon (10k rpm w/ a wep 1/2 the weight of the bot? Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:04 am

Welcome to the forum.
For your first bot I recomend doing alot of research and throwing your ideas around on here to get some opininions before you start spending money. We've all spent the money and learned alot of mistakes and hopefully we can help you from making some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next