Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

CuddleBunny

Go down 
+2
Cody
Sean Rubin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7776
Registration date : 2009-03-31

CuddleBunny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
incase your interested

That was last year and Yes we took a severe beating!!!

This years wedge could have been different, unless like last year, we couldn't drive!

Nonetheless, your team did a great job. I personally congratulated everyone on your team for such a good effort.

btw: both robots took worse punishment and still managed to finish the tournament.
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5952
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
Argghhh i wish i even knew what this bot looked like!

A person in RE Robotics name Win has 6 pics of my robot on his phone but he has such bad ADD that he keeps forgetting to send them to my e-mail so i can post them on BuildersDB and this forum.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6012

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
Dughi. I mean 2" by like 10". That is length by width. Im not gonna buy any new spring steel...jsut the stuff we have left over from trianglebot.

If ANY of that gets pushed so that it's touching your wheel, your wheel is totally fucked.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 pm

actually...you are probably right dughi. But i will have it somewhat tight so that it is hard to push. and it will look so cool.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7823

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 pm

rjw wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:
incase your interested

That was last year and Yes we took a severe beating!!!

This years wedge could have been different, unless like last year, we couldn't drive!

Nonetheless, your team did a great job. I personally congratulated everyone on your team for such a good effort.

btw: both robots took worse punishment and still managed to finish the tournament.

The incase your intrested was towards the screws not so much the video
They made a ton of improvements to aftershock and went on to beat bloomsburgs Executer a few weekends ago already
THey designed and built a new bot thats completly wicked in every way lol
Shockwaves 2's hangin out in a box on a shelf somewhere (just waiting to become a multibot)
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Didn't your 2 bots finish ahead of the Bloom...team last year at nationals?

I thought that you got 2nd and 3rd?

I did notice that you beat them at your regional ...good work!

Our current powered wedge can only be effective against a spinning weapon , if the person driving the wedge drives smartly.

Carrollton's 'Lucky strike' had good power to their weapon. They could have won, except that our driver managed to keep the wedge facing forward and brought their weapon to a dead stop repeatedly.

In the final 2 matches, this strategy and decent driving easily neutralized them.

As far as spinning drums/blades. most other robots seemed underpowered.

Fluffy probably needs some rethinking of the whole weapon drive setup if it is to do well at nationals.

I hope that they get it worked out in time.

jmo
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah we did outplace them, but the entire competition they just talked about how they would destroy our bots and the such
Plus they are one of the very well known teams in BotsIQ
Ive been er um patiently waiting to watch videos from the miami competition.
Will had already mentioned about changing belts and things on his weapon, so we'll see what he comes up with
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:33 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
Yeah we did outplace them, but the entire competition they just talked about how they would destroy our bots and the such
Plus they are one of the very well known teams in BotsIQ
Ive been er um patiently waiting to watch videos from the miami competition.
Will had already mentioned about changing belts and things on his weapon, so we'll see what he comes up with

Well action talls and bs walks, so I think that you made your point.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 pm

fluff!! We tried out Fluffy's weapon today on CuddleBunny and then when it hit CuddleBunny...it went through my frame, one of my motors, and one of my batteries causing it to squirt the liquid inside of the battery all over the inside of my robot...luckily it didn;t blow up...but still. My vacuum is now screed up and so are half of my motors.
FML!!
I am just gonna work on the 120 now. Screw it.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6586
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Weren't you originally going to use one of SpiderPig's style of vacuum for it? There should be plenty of parts to make one like those for CuddleBunny. I wouldn't call it quits quite yet; you can take some ideas from what's happened to this version and use it to tweak what you take to Nationals for something that would be more robust than what you had before.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:01 pm

hahahahahaha you didnt have any old bots laying around to hit?
please tell methis was on video
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

There is no time. I'm gonna be away Spring break so essentially...I have friday, and next week i have 4 days at the most that i can go. So that is 5 days to make a complete new robot. fluff it.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Cody Harris wrote:

He wanted to see the difference between a robot with a vacuum and not. And no...it wasnt caught on video.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
Cody Harris wrote:

He wanted to see the difference between a robot with a vacuum and not. And no...it wasnt caught on video.

*facepalm* I could have told him how to do that, easy! Just put Cinder Blocks on top of the test target until it's got the same force pushing down as the vacuum produces.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm

That would have been a good idea. But cinderblocks flying everywhere doesnt seem too safe.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Not much more dangerous than flying robots really...
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Well thats just one robot compared to multiple cinderblocks. I mean...that would be terrible on April Fools Day. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 pm

you have a chance of winning nationals....APRIL FOOLS, i just destroyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
Well thats just one robot compared to multiple cinderblocks. I mean...that would be terrible on April Fools Day. Razz

On the other hand, it's just cinder blocks and not expensive things, like say, robots... Besides, it would've been behind some kind of enclosure for testing, right?
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:39 pm

and i was also joking. it april 1st.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 pm

duhhhh fluffy doesnt even work lol
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 pm

lol, well you got me
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
duhhhh fluffy doesnt even work lol

Its true.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:28 pm

So thinking about the whole vacuum vs. drum arguement it reminded me of this
Go to just about the 4 min mark in the video.

We snapped the heads off two of the bolts holding it down and pulled it up in the slot twisting the whole wall, and that was before the redisgn of aftershock, meaning the weapon isnt nearly as powerful as know.
I think your vacuum will help alot, but your still gonna go flying a couple times lol
edit:
I edited this video but the original soundtrack was removed as the songs were copyright violations lol
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Absolutely. It's far from perfect, but the advantages you get with one installed in a robot far outweigh the disadvantages. However, if the robot's armor is appropriately shaped, hitting it any direction but slightly sideways becomes dramatically more difficult; this is particularly true if it's a wedge designed to fit under a wide variety of vertical spinning weapons. The direction the drum teeth are moving in relation to the wedge is no longer appropriate for any kind of good sideways or vertical hit, since they'd be tangential to the wedge surface on impact.

That said, it's difficult to make angled armor/wedges appropriate for all situations, and spectacular damage is more probable with vacuum robots than not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CuddleBunny
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: Design-
Jump to: