Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

CuddleBunny

Go down 
+2
Cody
Sean Rubin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7835
Registration date : 2009-03-16

CuddleBunny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Our removeable front wedges would prob. get under it tho
In my oppinion Good Knight is the top wedge in the country and we knocked the hell out of it lol, and theres no way your wedge is lower then yours hahaha
The wedge on Still'n Shock is probably just as low,if not lower, im not really sure you can go any lower without hinges lol
Back to top Go down
Dan Curhan
Admin
Dan Curhan

People Skills : 6390
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:32 pm

GUHH i took a GOOD video of it driving on the walls and ceiling of the arena, but I CAN'T FIND THEM! blbaljgaDGHJLHFSJLAJGDHLFFF!!!
Back to top Go down
http://666bots.blogspot.com/
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Dont worry i havent either haha
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5964

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:42 pm

I call it a prop as i dont want to give anyone hints in how it was made. we made it ourselves. it has a lot of downward pull.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7788
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
I call it a prop as i dont want to give anyone hints in how it was made. we made it ourselves. it has a lot of downward pull.

are you gonna have it ready in time???
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm

rjw wrote:
Sean Rubin wrote:

Yes. Although everyone refuses to help me...i still think i can get it done. Just need a plow and armor. Armor is half done.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7788
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
rjw wrote:
Sean Rubin wrote:

Yes. Although everyone refuses to help me...i still think i can get it done. Just need a plow and armor. Armor is half done.

what is armor made of? or is that top secret?
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:13 am

rjw wrote:
Sean Rubin wrote:
rjw wrote:
Sean Rubin wrote:

what is armor made of? or is that top secret?

I thought i wrote it above...but w/e

Spring Steel is what it will be made of.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 am

I have given too much information already...sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6598

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Since the fact that this is a vacuum-bot has stopped being a secret for a while, this is the only other one I have been able to find [that is also a battlebot; I don't count sumo robots]:

http://www.teamcosmos.com/inhaler/inhaler.shtml

It's The Inhaler made by Team Cosmos. For something that uses lexan as primary armor plating, it has an excellent record - then again, it seems like it has never fought anything with spinning weapons. The main things I've noted from what I can see of The Inhaler's design is it's very bulky - their vacuum unit seems to be sticking out the top of what is already a very tall looking robot. The one RE Robotics has come up with is dramatically thinner; even the prototype they made is thinner (for more details on that you should probably just drop by their table at competition, I'm sure they'll be happy to show it off there. Besides, I don't think there are any pictures of one online).

So from what I know* of CuddleBunny & The Inhaler, I can deduce a few things:

1. CuddleBunny will have some more weight to play with for things like, say, armor; even though it's five pounds lighter, it's much thinner than The Inhaler.
2. Sean (who is making CuddleBunny) has a talent for making very resilient wedges [See: Trianglebot '08].
3. Superior building materials and components are being used, at least in terms of the primary armor, "weapon" and drive system [again, See: Trianglebot '08].
4. If it turns out that CuddleBunny can take a direct hit from a drum and survive with minimal damage, even if it looses the vacuum seal with the floor temporarily, the drum's driver could have much more of a challenge on his or her hands than with your typical brick or wedge. At that point, driving skill will determine the winner of the match.

Other than that, I and everyone else will have to wait for Nationals to come around for any further details.

*I've only seen the prototype, which used a very unrefined (but still quite effective) vacuum unit. Even so, it was still pretty thin.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:44 pm

not gonna happen, i mean it could tho, atleast you have a cool LED finally hahaha
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:17 pm

So i was just thinking about this, and realized i dont think it was ever mentioned if it was invertible?
The other thing i was thinking about was could the "propeller" unit also be used as a srimech?
Im not sure how powerful this vacuum is but it was just a thought figureing it has to have and intake and exhaust.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6024

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:38 pm

It doesn't really have much of an exhaust.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm

If by exhaust you meant a specific area that air is deposited to that is.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Actually, there really isn't much air moving at all shortly after the vacuum is started.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Yeah like on the fan the air is sucked in underneath and the exhaust being were it is blown out, o well it was just an idea haha
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Well think about it, its supposed to be a vacuum seal, so pretty soon after its been started, the part that's spinning shouldn't actually be drawing air out of the area under the robot but keeping air from leaking in under there because there shouldn't be any air there anymore (this is all theoretical of course, assuming it has pretty much a perfect vacuum and a perfect seal)
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeah, don't think of it as a prop - I'm sure all shall be revealed in good time! (aka "a week or so, when it's in the box on the way to San Fran")
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Lol i know i understand that but what happens when its flipped? lol
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm

The right question here is "how much thrust does a vacuum produce?" For the answer, try to launch yourself into the air using a shop vac Razz

EDIT: Or a robot, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 pm

The answer is: Not enough
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:45 pm

godughifu wrote:
The answer is: Not enough

your just not trying hard enough
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Well arguably you could make a hovercraft, but that defeats the point.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Jeff L wrote:
Well arguably you could make a hovercraft, but that defeats the point.
The point is obvious, watch a robot get thrown around the arena while it's flying, plus, I'd imagine that if you're already in the air, it would lessen the impact your robot gets, plus if you have a spinning weapon, you could do some interesting things.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Like be less efficient than normal? (since you know, you'd bounce)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CuddleBunny
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: Design-
Jump to: