Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

CuddleBunny

Go down 
+2
Cody
Sean Rubin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7823
Registration date : 2009-03-16

CuddleBunny - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:03 pm

your not allowed hovercrafts Mad ive looked before haha
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

People Skills : 6586
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes, yes you are Very Happy. They don't count as powered flight.

BotsIQ Tech Regs wrote:
2.7.4 Ground-Effect Machines
Ground-effect machines (Hovercraft) are allowed, provided that any lift is provided by an air
cushion, and not directly by an external moving aerodynamic device (e.g., a rotor). Partial support
by wheels or other ground-contact devices is allowed.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Lol so the whole point of my post was to see if the ridiculous numbers you gave me could be concentrated enough to flip the bot back over and i guess not lol, but i was never answered is it invertible?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:46 pm

heh... I just figured out a way to make the vacuum units even smaller. Dughi, would you like me to elaborate now, or hold off a week or so?
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

People Skills : 6012

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Jeff L wrote:
heh... I just figured out a way to make the vacuum units even smaller. Dughi, would you like me to elaborate now, or hold off a week or so?

I would like to hear this, cuz I can't think of any way to make it smaller. for real
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

So you're ok with me essentially saying how to make the vacuum units right here, right now? Because that's the level of detail I'm going to need to go into to get what I came up with across.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 pm

PM it to me instead then
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Prezerdent of Sexxi Cuddlemen
Sean Rubin

People Skills : 5952

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 pm

i dont think i can get it done. my wrist just broke. i will need a lot of help and atleast one teammate.

And if it does get done, it will be invertible. We are connecting the plow to the front using hinges. not to the top (whihc was the reason why it was not fully invertible.
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:50 am

maybe an odd question but what kind of rpms does the vacuum spin at for those kind of numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Cody Harris wrote:
maybe an odd question but what kind of rpms does the vacuum spin at for those kind of numbers.

even though it might not happen becuse of my injury...people from the 120 team told me to not give any more info about the vacuum. sorry.
Back to top Go down
rjw
Chief Bottle Washer
Chief Bottle Washer
rjw

People Skills : 7776
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm

What happened to your wrist?
Back to top Go down
http://www.R2RCR.com
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Sean, have Dughi tell someone to help you get your robot done. Remember, as Chief Engineer that's one of the things he's supposed to do. That, and from what you've been saying about CuddleBunny on here, with one extra man working on it it'll be done in very short order.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Jeff L wrote:
Sean, have Dughi tell someone to help you get your robot done. Remember, as Chief Engineer that's one of the things he's supposed to do. That, and from what you've been saying about CuddleBunny on here, with one extra man working on it it'll be done in very short order.

See, here's the problem, there is almost NO time when there are enough people there that anybody can go help him. When there is, either he's not there, Mr. Dubard has said people doing stuff for the 120lb, or the people who I would tell to help him, aren't gonna help him, cuz Jake's not gonna do it, Lui might if I tell him to, and Sean Groeninger is one of the best on the new mill so he's kind of essential, when we don't need him milling, Gronge can help, but Gronge is pretty much gonna be milling the entire time from now on, Gabe, when he shows up, only distracts people, he does NO work, and Will Meeks is always doing stuff for Dubard, Will Bales's drum doesn't work, and the person that is Win and Alice works on its robot. And obviously Schimmel is working on the 120. I have a feeling that when the 120 is done, Schimmel might be willing to help you Sean, but on the other hand, he might also be pretty forceful about what he thinks you should do.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:45 pm

I suppose Sean could help as much as he is able with the 120 assembly - since it looks like as soon as the 120 is done, there will be people who can help him finish CuddleBunny.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:04 pm

And the 120 pretty much needs to be done by the end of tuesday
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Don't forget to drive it before you put it in the box! It would be silly if it got to San Francisco and didn't drive.
Back to top Go down
Sean Rubin
Sean Rubin

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 pm

To Dughi: I am always at robotics...no one else is besides you, me, win and alice, and will.

To rjw: I was snowboarding. Caught an edge, flipped, and landed straight on my left wrist. It is only a buckle fracture but the doctor says i will be in discomfort for a week and need to wear my cast for 4-6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Jeff L wrote:
Don't forget to drive it before you put it in the box!.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're funny. Like we have time.

Last edited by godughifu on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Sean Rubin wrote:
I am always at robotics...no one else is besides you, me, win and alice, and will.
Sean, I think that's a bit of an overstatement; for one thing you're forgetting the other Sean, he does usually leave early though, so whenever you're there you're there for longer than he is usually. While you are at robotics MOST of the time, by no means are you there all the time. At this point, you are there a lot more than you were earlier in the year, and you are there more than MOST other people, but that latter part needs to be remedied anyway, everybody else needs to come AT LEAST as much as you do. Unfortunately, I don't actually have the power to make people come anymore since the competition is so close, so I can't cancel any projects, and I have no strong threats I can come up with that will definitely get people there, unless you can help me think of any Jeff?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Anyone who doesn't go will never be allowed to design their own robot again? Razz

EDIT: Or never gets priority to again, which would be the more realistic option.

Last edited by Jeff L on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Jeff L wrote:
Anyone who doesn't go will never be allowed to design their own robot again? Razz
I don't have that power. Do I?
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:24 pm

godughifu wrote:
Jeff L wrote:

Surprisingly enough, you do. Although DuBard can override any officer.

EDIT: It has to do with the whole thing where you're supposed to approve designs before they're built. You can simply refuse to approve them.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Jeff L wrote:
godughifu wrote:
Jeff L wrote:

Surprisingly enough, you do. Although DuBard can override any officer.

EDIT: It has to do with the whole thing where you're supposed to approve designs before they're built. You can simply refuse to approve them.

But isn't that the Chief Engineer's job? In which case the design for next year would go to next year's Chief Engineer, which probably won't be me.
Back to top Go down
Jeff L
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
Jeff L

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah, it would be up to next year's Chief Engineer (unless you retain the position through your Senior year).

godughifu wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're funny. Like we have time.

At least drive it around while you're waiting for the armor to be finished off, since I bet the electronics will be done before the armor is.
Back to top Go down
That Guy
samurai jesus
samurai jesus
That Guy

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Jeff L wrote:
At least drive it around while you're waiting for the armor to be finished off, since I bet the electronics will be done before the armor is.

The problem is that we are for sure letting Schimmel drive, since he's basically the person who designed and built the 120, he also is gonna be working nonstop so we can finish it, he doesn't exactly have the time to practice driving i don't think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CuddleBunny   CuddleBunny - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CuddleBunny
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Bots :: Design-
Jump to: