Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now

Go down 
+15
Stephen
Ryan McKinney
SamM
Josh Raichel
SenaiERI
Don Doerfler
Koolaid64
Frisco
rdubard
rjw
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
Cody
Will Bales
jeeves_m_d
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
crowconor

crowconor

People Skills : 5024
Registration date : 2010-11-06

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 am

that sounds really rough, youll have to take some videos jeeves
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5928
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 am

what hotel are you guys staying in? i haven't even booked a room anywhere yet =P
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

we are going to be at the staybridge suites hotel, I believe its less than a mile from the farm show complex
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 pm

LOLCANO is working again and is better than ever with a new heavier duty shaft, freer spinning components, neater wiring arrangement and new LASER CUT Acrylic mounts.

Set back, The timing belts maynot show up in time... so we opted to put on some plastic gears... I fear they may strip

We are going to get raped at MOTO
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5043
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm

have someone there to smack the glass for you tongue
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

they have a button to push
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:44 pm

I HATE SPEED CONTROLLERS!!!!! now both scorpions are dead, one banebot orange is dead...

I have one good Orange Banebot, one good blue banebot, and some of the old gearsed block ESC's

The one orange banebot will be used for one wheel fine

but the blue one and the Gears ed ones can't handle the current... So I had a Kid take them home and put try soldering 2 of the Geared ESC's together... I am not too trusting of this idea but If it works I am happy

This same teammate suggested that he could alter the blue ESC to handle the desired current by adding transistors(Stuff that's way above my head...)

SO it looks like lolcano is going one wheel drive and relying on gyro..

Good news is that our belts arrived today!!! Shocked Mad Razz Question cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Back from MOTORAMA had a blast, totally going again next year if possible. Got to meet Kyle, Cody, Mike, Frisco, Hallboy, Marshall, and whole bunch more.

Anonymous and son of a brick worked fine but did not win much, but performed well nonetheless

LOLCANO was just a fail, We finished it at 3:30AM in out hotel room saturday morning and it was a pain in the Butt

I have finally seen the light, It is overly complicated and will never be competitive(Although it did manage to survive after taking a beating)

That being said, I have decided to to revert back to the older design that usedthe 6 inch colson, except with a thicker weapon shaft and roller bearings, also this shall be 4 wheel rather than 2 wheel

Seeing how our next competition is march 13th, I only have a week after this vacation to build the sucker so i plan to not dissasmble the current lolcano till the new frame is made, just in case I don't finish in time
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 am

hope you took a lot of videos
Back to top Go down
Cody
2000+ club
2000+ club
Cody

People Skills : 7812
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:24 am

Nice meeting you too jeeves
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5615
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am

i have some videos of u guys and doomsday i think ill have to put them on youtube
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

thanks for putting them up! it really made me laugh

in other news the mcmaster order for the new lolcano just went in

and I also finished camming up the new parts, I sent them to the kid who actually uses the machine best to see if he would mind typing the 500 line beast into the machine, after seeing frisco's luck with the denford I just may have to try mine out again, and have the 2 machine run side by side and see what performs best.

We hope to have lolcano 6 done in the week that we get back from break, leaving us one week to practice driving against son of a brick,
Back to top Go down
Stephen
super contributor
super contributor
Stephen

People Skills : 5615
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

jeeves_m_d wrote:

We hope to have lolcano 6 done in the week that we get back from break, leaving us one week to practice driving against son of a brick,

this is ur 6th time building this bot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WestMifflinRobotics
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:10 am

YUP, 2 of the times were just rebuilds of the same design.

As for LOLcano 6's status.

Wheels Done

Belts/pulleys done

Weapon shaft done

Back wedge done

All thats left is the 2 side plates, assembly and wiring.

Its got to be our quickest one yet
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

After a LONG DAY Lolcano IS working and functional!

Anonymous is Great,

But son of a brick has died, we don't know what happened to it, but when they tried practicing it wouldn't turn on an the banebot ESC's got hot!

I am extremely Dissapointed with BANEBOTS because all of our ESC's have failed in the past few weeks

IN an effort to repair our strongest bot we switched out to the old Gear ED ESC's and It work but ut is SLOW IDK if the ESC just cant handle the current or if the battery was just dead at the time.

In our effort we EXPLODED as reciever pack that sprayed acid all over, and discovered that the black chips on the IFI signal cables burn purple
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

thats the bulls voodoo revenge magic right there.

But in all seriousness that sucks we had to switch out 4 speed controllers last night to get both bots functioning.
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:10 pm

we switched to the IFI victors from the actual brick
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Never used them are they any good?
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Scratch that I have but they are massive victor 883's are you using the same ones?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:48 pm

THey are great, they are pretty bulky so the top plate doesn't screw flush but its moving better now!

the 883's are a bit of a pain because they also require signal boosters, which took a while to find, and they also do not have a BEC so I need to use a reciever pack now Crying or Very sad

Lolcano Is there electronically, but something seems to have happened in that there is A LOT OF FRICTION on the drive Preventing it from spinning!

Anonymous is REady and waiting

Back to top Go down
MikeNCR
super contributor
super contributor
MikeNCR

People Skills : 5832
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 am

If you're using brushed motors for the drive, you may want to check out the Holmes Hobby controllers I was using in my 12 and 30 at moto. smaller than vics and 38g per controller.
Back to top Go down
http://nearchaos.net
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 am

I will have to do that for the next competition, we used the victors because we needed it working today
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 am

WE HAVE A NEW SPONSOR!!!!!

I spoke to oznium.com how their lights were cool

its not very much yet, they only offered us some free product for now, but they issued us a challenge to make a device that can depress 2 bank security token button at once. The device will need to be controlled over the web. If we make a device that works reasonably well. we can choose to get more product OR money.
Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

whats a bank security token button?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:56 am

no idea!

the guys said he would send us pictures later today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Team Update Pages :: Lincoln-Sudbury High School-
Jump to: