Battlebots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlebots

A new forum for battlebots enthusiasts, competitors, and fans.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBuilders DB

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now

Go down 
+15
Stephen
Ryan McKinney
SamM
Josh Raichel
SenaiERI
Don Doerfler
Koolaid64
Frisco
rdubard
rjw
Jeff L
Dan Curhan
Cody
Will Bales
jeeves_m_d
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5043
Registration date : 2010-11-14

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Post the picture here it sound like someone is using your team to help rob a bank haha
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5928
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm

its like a password authenticator
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

People Skills : 6051
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm

So back to LOLcano...

The thing sort of failed miserably at ralley because we just sort of threw it together in a rush to have it ready.

But now that we have had plenty of time to remove all the duct tape and put it back together the right way. It seems to be running pretty decent. I will upload some picture tommorow.

I
Back to top Go down
http://lsrobotics.blogspot.com
crowconor

crowconor

People Skills : 5024
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 pm

jeeves_m_d wrote:
So back to LOLcano...

The thing sort of failed miserably at ralley because we just sort of threw it together in a rush to have it ready.

But now that we have had plenty of time to remove all the duct tape and put it back together the right way. It seems to be running pretty decent. I will upload some picture tommorow.

I
What was your record at ralley?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:53 pm

0-2

the first match It moved around a little, and then sort of died. We couldn't figure out what went wrong it was literally a mess of wires wrapped in duct tape. Making it difficult for us to fix so we forfeited the second match and focused on the other bots
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:07 pm

So we tested it... and it works, the back end likes to pop up so we hope to use a couunter magnet.

Back to top Go down
turtle
big contributor
big contributor

People Skills : 5043
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

is it the same design as what you had at the ralley?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:19 pm

yes, but now it works FULLY...

we fixed the drive issues by changing out the old motors on the gearboxes and machined eveerything down to make it fit better.

And the weapon spins now as well...
Back to top Go down
Koolaid64
mega contributor
mega contributor
Koolaid64

People Skills : 5928
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:17 pm

sounds like you need slightly bigger tires =P
Back to top Go down
Alex P. HASD Bots
great contributor
great contributor
Alex P. HASD Bots

People Skills : 5011
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:34 pm

This bot is a really cool idea that not many people have. Do you have any trouble with other teams hitting the weapon motor when the weapon is not spinning?
Back to top Go down
jeeves_m_d
ULTRA contributor
ULTRA contributor
jeeves_m_d

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Um, the weapon motor in the beater has been run for several years now. Its fairly well protected by using the spinning weapon as armor for it.

We get nervous when the weapon decides not to spin. but its positioned in a way that it isn't in the direct line of fire.

I personally love the idea because it save so much more space. and the weapon belt/ friction wheels are completely protected by enclosure.
Back to top Go down
Alex P. HASD Bots
great contributor
great contributor
Alex P. HASD Bots

People Skills : 5011
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Osm i'm glad to see original ideas because in this sport there aren't too many original ideas left. props to you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now   LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOLCANO 3 or 4 who knows wat # we are up to now
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battlebots :: Team Update Pages :: Lincoln-Sudbury High School-
Jump to: